PDA

View Full Version : Solid FFCs and FFCs that recognize if a reg combo is solid

Hot Water Music
11-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I'd like a script that would make the FFC solid, and would stop if it collides with a wall.

C-Dawg
11-01-2006, 04:37 PM
This doesn't sound too hard, but you'll have to be a little more specific.

(1) By "making an FFC solid" do you mean that you don't want Link to be able to walk through it? What about items? Enemies?
(2) How do you want the FFC to move before it is stopped by a wall? Are you just going to set it moving using att_chg FFCs? If so, do you want it to stop entirely when it hits a wall, or change direction (like traps do)?

Hot Water Music
11-01-2006, 04:51 PM
1) link not going through. If you can't do it with items or enemies, that's ok, but it would be great.

2) Stop entirely. I'm kinda thinking of a freeform moving block. I rigged one of your scripts up to make it like this but it's kinda crappy, and it goes through walls.

C-Dawg
11-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm still not clear. How is this FFC to be moving BEFORE it hits a combo and stops entirely? Does it follow Link? Does it move in a straight line? Does it move based on att_chg FFCs? Do you have some other movement in mind?

Something I've noticed is that you have to be picky about where you let the FFC move, or it will leave the 16x16 grid and act wierd about detecting walkability. So depending on how you have it move, you have to do different things to make sure it stops on a solid block.

Hot Water Music
11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I have it currently movable by link pushing it, and he does that by a position detection. Like

If Link->y = this->y + 16{this->y = this->y - 2}