PDA

View Full Version : Zelda games timeline theory.

zeldafan500
10-31-2006, 05:08 PM
i think ive got it all sorted out. I think there were only 3 different links. link #1 is in OoT, link#i2 s the one in Wind waker, and link #3 is the one in twilight princess.
First theres ocarina of time. then majoras mask. and imbetween majoras mask and ocarina of time is twilight princess. The link in twilight princess(link #3) somehow gets navi, after link loses her in ocarina of time after he returns the master sword and is young again. then after majoras mask, link #1 finds a new hyrule, the one in the first zelda for NES. Then he saves that place, then the adventure of link (2nd NES one) storyline happenes. Then link is called by the triforce to a strange castle in a vast forest, as shown in the beggining of oracle of ages. then the events of aracle of ages take place, then oracle of seasons. Then, as seen in the end of a linked oracle of ages/seasons game, link rids off on a raft into the ocean. This is the raft link is on in the intro to links awakining. Then, after he wakes up from the dream world in links awakining, he is in his bed in the start of link to the past. then he saves the hyrule thats in link to the past. After defeating gannon in LttP, he wishes with his peice of the triforce that it be hidden in 8 different places accross hyrule, where they would be safe from evil until hyrule needed saving again.
Then, hundreds of years later, link is reencarnated as the link in wind waker.(link #2) Then after what happenes in wind waker, theres the one for the DS.
Well, thats my theory of the timeline for the zelda games.anyone agree?

AtmaWeapon
10-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Ummm I'm pretty sure from what I've heard of Twilight Princess in part of the game you are young Link in some village somewhere which would make it pretty much impossible for the same Link to be in OoT, TP, and Majora's Mask.

I didn't read much more because you have a wall of words. Line breaks and probably bullet lists would make your points a lot more clear.

Also spelling and punctuation were passable but it helps the wall of text when you capitalize first words of sentences and proper nouns and

After defeating gannon in LttP, he wishes with his peice of the triforce that it be hidden in 8 different places accross hyrule, where they would be safe from evil until hyrule needed saving again.

After defeating gannon in LttP,

gannon

zeldafan500
10-31-2006, 05:35 PM
i said that TP and OoT are different links.

Beldaran
10-31-2006, 06:25 PM
ooooh, if only TSA were here.

http://gannon-banned.com/images/site_images/gannon_banned_images/gbheader.jpg (http://gannon-banned.com/)

zeldafan500
10-31-2006, 06:37 PM
ITS SPELLED GANNON! g-a-n-n-o-n! Theres 2 Ns!

Yoshiman
10-31-2006, 06:49 PM
ITS SPELLED GANNON! g-a-n-n-o-n! Theres 2 Ns!

http://www.myonlineimages.com/Members/Ganon/images/ganon4.JPG
*cough*

zeldafan500
10-31-2006, 06:52 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/shadowcelibi/ganon4.jpg
*cough**cough*

biggiy05
10-31-2006, 06:53 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/shadowcelibi/ganon4.jpg
*cough**cough*

Photoshop.

You lose kid. Go home.

erm2003
10-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Click on the Gannon-Banned pic above to go to the webpage and learn something. It's Ganon and always will be. The only time it's spelled "Gannon" is in the opening credits for Zelda 1 and every time after that it was fixed.

If you ever did any research on anything that you posted, you may learn this:

Q: The beginning of the game talks about Link getting the green clothes and the passing down of the history, the hero dressed in green, etc. How many different Links are there? This doesn't seem like that was in Ocarina of Time, for example.

Aonuma-san: In our opinions, with the Legend of Zelda, every game has a new Link. A new hero named Link always rises to fight evil.
Source: http://cube.ign.com/articles/379/379358p2.html

From the creators themselves.

Mak-X
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
To sort it out from the first game to Ocarina of Time...

In the Legend of Zelda, Ganon attacks the kingdom of Hyrule and steals the Triforce of Power while Zelda hides Wisdom. Link gathers the 8 parts of Wisdom and saves Zelda and Hyrule.

Several years after The Legend of Zelda, Link was approaching his 16th birthday and was told about the sleeping Princess Zelda from long ago. Link adventures through 6 temples to unlock the binding force on the final temple where the Triforce of Courage is hidden, and in the end, his true heart is tested.

A Link to the Past is set in an earlier time in Hyrule's history, though it goes even further back by explaining how Ganondorf the thief became Ganon, the King of Evil when he obtained the Triforce. Link had to go through both Light and Dark worlds to find the 7 maidens that were sacrificed to break the Sage's seal on the Dark World. Link eventually battled Ganon at the Great Pyramid with the Master Sword, winning the Triforce and restoring peace to Hyrule.

Shortly after A Link to the Past, Link goes on a journey to better hone his skills for the next threat to Hyrule, and shipwrecks on Koholint Island.

Ocarina of Time takes place during the "Imprisoning War" era as first mentioned by A Link to the Past's backstory. It is at this time that Ganon made his way to the Sacred realm to claim the Triforce, and was eventually Sealed away by the 7 Sages.

AtmaWeapon
10-31-2006, 09:16 PM
i said that TP and OoT are different links.Well this goes back to the "wall of text" I pointed out; see Mak-X's post for an example of how hitting "Enter" every now and then can make your points a little more clear. A blank line between each Link would have erased any ambiguity.

[img-mspaint]I like how you left most of the original O instead of masking it. This combined with the misalignment of the second 'N' makes the manipulation fail.

vegeta1215
10-31-2006, 10:22 PM
We had a big discussion about this long ago. I thought the Zelda Theory thread was archived but I can't find it now. (even if I could find it, TSA's posts disappeared from the thread so there are big gaps in the discussion)

I think they're trying harder to make new Zelda games fit into a cohesive time line, but the old games (pre N64) just screw things up. Personally, I think things would make a lot more sense if LTTP was eliminated from the time line because according to the story in LTTP, iirc, Ganon had been sealed up since the imprisoning war (OoT). So what about all the games in between? Or afterwards? (because Ganon is truly defeated at the end of LTTP according to the words of the Triforce) Which some would say amkes LTTP the last game in the series. Miyamoto and Dan Owsen have said one thing, the game and manuals say another. It's messy. Basically, the only thing that screws everything up in the timeline is Ganon. They've explained that there are multiple Links (Wind Waker), but there's only one Ganon - and despite what happens, he somehow comes back to get revenge on Link's (from OoT) descendants.

Rulehy
10-31-2006, 10:55 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/Rulehyzc/ganon4.jpg

erm2003
10-31-2006, 11:07 PM
This is what my thoughts are on some of the timeline. Ganon is sealed in OoT and then the seal is broken in LttP. This is when Ganon goes after their decendants by using the decendants of the seven sages to break the seal to the Golden Land. The Zelda and Link in LttP were the decendants from OoT which is why she was sealed in Turtle Rock and Link was instrumental in fulfilling his destiny as the hero. MM could fall somewhere between there since it really doesn't directly deal with Ganon and the Triforce storyline.

Tygore
10-31-2006, 11:25 PM
there's only one Ganon - and despite what happens, he somehow comes back to get revenge on Link's (from OoT) descendants.

In The Wind Waker, Ganon tells Link that he is "the Hero of Time reborn!" This would seem to imply that Link is reincarnated each time over, and would certainly explain why Ganon's grudge continues to be so personal.

Also, it seems that the Links appear in duos: Legend of Zelda and Zelda II were directly connected, ALttP and LA were sequential, OoT and MM were as well, and it's assumed that Phantom Hourglass is the follow up to The Wind Waker.

vegeta1215
11-01-2006, 12:07 AM
In The Wind Waker, Ganon tells Link that he is "the Hero of Time reborn!" This would seem to imply that Link is reincarnated each time over, and would certainly explain why Ganon's grudge continues to be so personal.

Well, the intro story from Wind Waker confirms that there are multiple Links. As far as we know, Link from OoT is the very first one. However, Miyamoto or Eiji Aonuma (I can't remember which) has stated that the "light force" in The Minish Cap (and hence other Four Sword related games) is different from and may possibly predate the Triforce. This just throws more garbage into the mix over which is the first Link. :shrug:

Now which is the first Zelda? The one from Zelda II is. But whether that Zelda is the same as the one from OoT we don't know.

But, we could debate these things forever. Really it doesn't matter in the end.

erm2003
11-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Well, Zelda 2 has to be towards the end of the storyline. After all, the towns are named after the sages from OoT.

ShadowTiger
11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Or maybe the sages are named after the towns? :shrug:

I actually sort of wonder where Shiek ends up in all of this. If Shiek is in OoT, wouldn't her legend be passed down through history in some form? Impa is the sage of Shadows, NOT Shiek. Shiek doesn't seem to do all that much.

Erm.. Refresh my memory; What is OoT the "first" game again?

Mak-X
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
At this point I think that Zelda post would be outdated.

There has technically been 2 Ganondorfs... one from Ocarina of Time, and the Ganondorf in Four Sword Adventures was said to be reincarnation of the evil king, or an ancient demon reborn. Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time is suppose to be the Ganondorf from A Link to the Past's backstory, or at least was when that game was made. Its been said at least twice that Ganon could be resurrected. In Zelda 2, sacrificing Link, the hero that destroyed Ganon, would do that job, and its briefly mentioned in Link's Awakening's manual that the people of Hyrule are worried about what threats my arise from Ganon's ashes. With FSA, it seems they are aiding reincarnation to Ganon's list.

A Link to the Past is integral to the storyline of the series because it introduced the backstory of the creation of the Triforce and Ganon. Ocarina of Time references this game, such as having the Hylians, who are only described as the ancestors and the creators of the Master Sword during ALttP's time period, and the events of the Imprisoning War era that the script writer of Ocarina of Time mentioned.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is tied to 2 other games now, ALttP and Ocarina of Time. ALttP told the story of the Imprisioning War, which is played out in Ocarina of Time. In Ocarina of Time there were people named Mido, Impa, Nobooru, Darunia, and Saria. These important names were passed down through history and the towns in Zelda 2 were named after them (according to Ocarina of Time's script writer).

http://www.1101.com/nintendo/nin1/nin1-12.htm
Though in this game Zelda is now included in the Seven Sages, the other six have the names of the town names from the Disk System edition "The Adventure of Link."

In the SNES edition game, the story "Long ago, there was a war called the Imprisoning War" was passed along. A name in the Imprisoning War era is the name of a Town later. They were like "pseudo-secrets." We wanted to throw these out through the entirety of the game. That thing from then is now this.

Tarin and Marin, a father and girl who appeared in "Link's Awakening" (GB) were used as the base for a different parent and child who comes out in this game. These are the things that when they are seen by a person who has played Zelda before they will understand. If people begin to think "Do you think that this could be that thing from then?" then I will be happy.

(Script Director Toru Osawa)

The Castlevania series also has a complicated timeline. It wasn't until Symphony of the Night that any of the games actually connected. SoTN was the sequel to Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PC Engine) and had a twist for Richter Belmont, but also brought back a character, Alucard, from Castlevania 3 and tied it to that game in a way. It also had you collect Dracula's body parts from Castlevania 2 that Simon Belmont had to do.

Anyways, the current series producer Igarashi who produced SoTN, actually removed 3 games from the timeline because they were made by different teams and contradicted what eariler games had said. Castlevania Legends (GB) for example had the female Sonia Belmont taking on Dracula before Trevor in Castlevania 3 did, and its respected that Trevor was the first Belmont to fight Dracula. This was later honored by Lament of Innocence on the PS2 that Igarashi produced, where that Belmont does not fight Dracula, and the ending actually fits with Castlevania 3.

My point is, with the Castlevania series, there was respect paid to the original games before SoTN, such as with Castlevania 3 and Trevor taking on Dracula first, and they were not removed from the timeline. While Castlevania Legends, 64, and Legacy of Darkness were removed and considered "another story".

In the case of Zelda, ALttP told a long backstory, and they later made a game out of that. They consciously tied together and put in throwbacks to the previous games with Ocarina of Time. When Zelda 2 was rereleased for GBA, I was worried the story would get watered down, but luckily the manual's story was faithful to the original's. The script for ALttP for GBA was also written with Ocarina of Time in mind.

As far as the other games go like The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess taking place after Ocarina of Time... I don't think the events described in previous games were too narrow, and were open enough that stuff could have happend in between games. This has also been the case with Castlevania for a while, with the latest game being a sequel to the old Castlevania: Bloodlines for the Sega Genesis. The Castlevania series has been fitting games in every gap that's been available, and its probably not much different than Zelda (although a lot easier to follow I'm sure!).

zeldafan500
11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Or maybe the sages are named after the towns? :shrug:

I actually sort of wonder where Shiek ends up in all of this. If Shiek is in OoT, wouldn't her legend be passed down through history in some form? Impa is the sage of Shadows, NOT Shiek. Shiek doesn't seem to do all that much.

Erm.. Refresh my memory; What is OoT the "first" game again?

Have you beaten OoT yet? because everyone knows that sheik is zelda.

Cloral
11-01-2006, 05:16 PM

Shiek = Zelda, so I think the fact that there's a "Legend of Zelda" pretty much covers it.

I personally take each Zelda game as a seperate entity and don't try to link them together (except MM and WW where they explicitly link them together in the game's storyline). The storylines are much more satisfying that way. I think for the most part they weren't intended to be linked together, in much the same way that the Mario games aren't intended to continue up on each other's storyline.

MottZilla
11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
But, we could debate these things forever. Really it doesn't matter in the end.

Ding, ding! We have a winner! Honestly, who really cares. Zelda games were always fun, but I never much thought that the overall storyline was important at all. Zelda 1, Kill Ganon the Evil Bastard that took the Princess. What an amazing and original storyline. Zelda 2, twist this knob here, that one there, Kill the Evil Bastards to wake up the princess. You get the idea.

Mitsukara
11-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Incidentally...

All three CD-i games used "Gannon". Check out the Zelda's Adventure intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O_ZPR2q7cg); the "Scroll of Shoemac" says Gannon.

Therefore it is completely and utterly wrong. :) They also featured "Molblins".

*hides*

CJC
11-01-2006, 10:59 PM
First of all, I would like to agree that connecting the games chronologically or by story is absolutely pointless and could be debated for hours. In that sense, all of the following will be complete and utter gibberish.

Why couldn't the timeline be a circle? This endless cycle of reincarnation, and the debate of what is last and what is first... couldn't they all be running in circles? Wouldn't that explain why Hyrule's geography is constantly changing? Because they go and make another one?

Frankly, a cycle of reincarnation for both characters and country would make a load of sense. It would also explain why the kings also have different names, and why Ganondorf looks different from game to game.

Now, I'm going to walk through each of the Zelda games that I've played so far, and try to lay out some basic 'Critical Points' that you could lace a pattern from. But in truth, they could all be last, and they could all be first.

The Legend of Zelda (1)

Well, there isn't much story to be had here. 'Zelda' is kidnapped, breaks the Triforce of Wisdom, and you gather it to defeat Ganon (Who is in pig form at the time). Moblins are also pigs, which may have something to do with the storyline, or not. I'm a particular fan of the 'pigblins', so I thought I'd mention this

The Adventure of Link (2)

I absolutely hated this game, so I didn't really get very far through it. From what I can tell, it's the same Link from Zelda 1, and he has to revive Zelda from her near-death poisoned state. Okay, so we know that TAoL comes after TLoZ. Also, Moblins are still pig-like.

A Link to the Past (3)

As the name implies, this is somewhere in the past, which could be pretty much anywhere on the timeline. But I believe it was meant to be before TLoZ. Which could all be skepticism, I know no more than anybody else on the subject. Link is a child, and the 'moblins/castle guards' are still pigs, meaning it's somewhere in the general vicinity of the First two games in terms of biological evolution. Also, there are no 'Sea Zora' around, just the river kind. This will be important later

Link's Awakening (4)

There's no question about this, this game directly follows ALttP. It could also lead into TLoZ, as the hero departed from Hyrule for a very long time (And could have given time for Ganon to rise again, even if he'd been "sealed" away.) With this, I can propose that the Link from the First four games is the same person, giving a general time order of 3-4-1-2. That's about as far as we can go with that, though.

Ocarina of Time (5)
Moblins are bulldog-men. This may not seem important, but it's definitely signifigant. It means there's a large gap between this game and it's predecessors, as there was time for a species to evolve that drastically. Thus, it eliminates any possibility of that 'Link' tying to the other one (Or so we already know). It's also important to remember that ALL of the events of OoT that occured after drawing the Master Sword were erased by Zelda at the end of the game. So Shiek never existed, and nobody directly knew about the sages. Whether or not the 'Link' and 'Zelda' forged myths about their adventures is up in the air, there's really no way to know.

Majora's Mask (6)

Another game with a definite Link in it, he's the same one from OoT and there's no denying it. Though he seems kind of relieved after the events of this game, there's no implication that he's finished with his travels, so this particular 'Link' could have popped up again somewhere. As far as I can tell, he hasn't.

Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (7)
I have absolutely no idea where these fit in the timeline, as they do not take place in Hyrule. The 'Link' in both games is a standalone, he doesn't seem to pop up anywhere else in the series. These games create a paradox, however, as they involve Koume and Kotake (Twinrova, who dies later in OoT), but also the resurrection of Ganon (Even though he doesn't die until long after they do, in ALttP). It could come in the time period on the cycle between 'The Wind Waker' and 'Ocarina of Time', but it's hard to fit in there. It's like jamming a puzzle piece with your fist, it just doesn't look right. Still, that's my best guess.
Moblins are pig-like, so these games must be in the general vicinity of 1-4.

The Wind Waker (8)

This is at one end of the loop, or at least between 'Hyrule' changes. We know the original 'Hyrule', or rather the one that came before, sank, and it's implied that they will find a new 'Hyrule' at the end. Ganondorf dies again, but Moblins are Pig-like, implying that its in the general time range of 1-4.

Four Swords Adventures (9)

I really don't know where we would fit this in, probably before the Oracles Series (Giving reason for pig-Ganon to be dead, again)
Again, Moblins are still pig-like, so this is in that general era.

The Minish Cap (10)

I never played it, so I can't honestly say I know where it goes. I'm just going to omit it for now.
EDIT: Darth Marsden seems to have a pretty good grasp on this, so I'm going to trust that he's right on the whole "Minish Preceeds FSA"

The Phantom Hourglass (11)

It has Wind Waker Link. That's all I need to know

The Twilight Princess (12)

Haven't played it, all I know is from what I've seen in videos and screenshots. No sign of Ganon... and the moblins are bulldog-men again. This is another bridge game, I presume.

Alright, now that I've talked you all dry, I'm going to present a circular order of games which amicably proposes a possible game order. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm not saying I'm wrong, I'm just having a shot at it.

Clusters

3-4-1-2
12-5-6
8-11-9-10-7

Alright, now to give it a semblance of order...
8-11-9-10-7-12-5-6-3-4-1-2-8
Or...

The Wind Waker->
The Phantom Hourglass->
The Minish Cap->
Four Swords Adventures->
Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons->
Twilight Princess->
Ocarina of Time->
Majora's Mask->
A Link to the Past->
Link's Awakening->
The Legend of Zelda->
The Adventure of Link->
The Wind Waker (End and beginning of Cycle)

And with that, I finish my rant. If you took the time to read it, good for you! If you didn't, good for you! :D

Mak-X
11-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Moblins weren't pigs until A Link to the Past featured them in the Dark World as pigs. The pig moblins in Link's Awakening are supposedly called "Pigblins".

Moblins were originally bulldog like monsters in The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, then again in Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time.

"Molblins" is how the name was spelled in The Legend of Zelda 1's manual.

The Super Mario games don't really have a storyline, but in the beginning, each Super Mario Bros. game did follow the previous one with the manual's explaination on the story.

For example, the story for Super Mario World (Super Mario Bros. 4) starts with

"After saving the Mushroom Kingdom from Bowser and the rest of the Koopas in Super Mario 3, Mario and Luigi needed to recuperate from their adventures. Together they agreed that the best place to vacation was a magical place called Dinosaur Land."

Also, the Sunken Ship you go through before the Valley of Bowser is one of the airpships from Super Mario Bros. 3, and the manual also points this out on the map.

Yeah, its kinda irrelavant to playing through the game, but its neat that they think about this stuff for story. The little touches of story makes sense though, since in a way, the Super Mario Bros. series is a successor to Donkey Kong, which was the first video game to actually have a story.

Modus Ponens
11-02-2006, 12:18 AM
There may be an overarching story. Each game may tie into a greater tale spanning many generations. I think that this is the direction that the series will take as it bears on. However, one take on the matter that I happen to enjoy greatly is that, like many real-life legends, the legend of Zelda is different depending on who's telling it, or in what era it's told, or how it gets passed down. By this notion, there could have been just one Link and one Zelda and one Ganon, and maybe there was only one adventure, or maybe two, or more, but the point is simply that the details that occur along the way are not what's important.

It's like that SNL skit with Will Ferrell where they're all sitting around in a bar talking about Bill Brasky. I mean, no person could ever have done any of those things, let alone all of them, but they do serve the important purpose of entertaining an audience.

It's also like a part in the movie Matinee, which stars John Goodman as a filmmaker, wherein Goodman's character explains that stretching of the truth for entertainment purposes has been around since the days of cave drawings. I mean, if you're a caveman and you killed some buffalo, and you draw a picture of the event, you're not going to just draw the buffalo, you're going to make it look real tough--it had long, sharp horns, and it was twice the size of you, and it breathed fire. That's gonna get people interested. Legends work that way, and, according to this explanation, the legend of Zelda has been told variously in many different ways, but always has common themes and characters.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that the molblin was originally called the moriburin in the Japanese version of the first game--that is, they were called "moriblins". Mori is Japanese for "forest", and -blin is kind of like a suffix meaning "goblin"; thus, they're "forest goblins".

CJC
11-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Moblins weren't pigs until A Link to the Past featured them in the Dark World as pigs. The pig moblins in Link's Awakening are supposedly called "Pigblins".

Moblins were originally bulldog like monsters in The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, then again in Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time.

That's funny, they looked a lot like pigs to me in Zelda 1, especially from the front. I didn't play enough of "The Adventure of Link" to remember what they looked like, but I think they were porcine in that one too (Though not as much). Maybe it's just a psychological preconception of mine, as I played "A Link to the Past" first. I know in "Link's Awakening" they were called Pigblins, which is why I mentioned it in my previous post.

Nevertheless, that was not my only argument for my particular timeline, just a feature. As I mentioned (Though not thoroughly), the Sea Zora suddenly vanished and were replaced by more barbaric River Zora (Or Zolas) in the transition between "Majora's Mask" and "A Link to the Past". This is actually alluded to in "Majora's Mask" if you speak to all the Zora on the beach wearing Mikau's mask. They mention that the fog in the sea has made it impossible to find food, and that they've started resorting to river fish for their diet. The Zora that says this also mentions some unpleaseantries concerning this new food source.

In the next game (Supposedly), the Zora have become fire-breathing monsters, and remain that way until "The Wind Waker" (When only a Sea Zora Spirit, which could be who knows how old, makes an appearance), and then split in two again with the onset of the Oracle series, finally whittling back down to Sea Zora by the time the loop has returned to Ocarina of Time.

Even that assumption is rather skeptical, though, which is why I pull up another point. The gorons disappear after "Majora's Mask" (Because of course, they hadn't been invented yet). A lot of people would tell you that Ganon killed them off when he took over Death Mountain, but then they resurface again as travelling merchants during "The Wind Waker", which suggested a forced relocation rather than genocide. They also show up in great force in the Oracle of Season's land 'Holodrum', which seems to fit right before we hit "Ocarina of Time" again on the loop.

My point is, there seems to be this cycle of evolution/migration that can be used to lay out a general timeline. I mean, this creatures probably don't spontaneously adapt and revert over short periods of time, so there have to be general 'eras' that you can plant similar games in.

I like what Riverman had to say, though. The thought of it just being a story told by different people. Of course, different people remember different aspects, and as it would be oral tradition there are bound to be changes hither and tither. But it's disturbing that the legend occasionally contains a legend in and of itself, like a frame story around an even deeper myth.

It's all far too complicated to suss out, though, and I feel all the geekier for attempting.

Darth Marsden
11-02-2006, 04:10 AM
My theory (http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Zelda.htm). With proper grammer and everything!

(This was written before we knew a great deal about Twilight Princess, and before Phantom Hourglass was announced. Just put PH before TP)

ZTC
11-02-2006, 11:19 AM
*whistles*

I was planning to add my 'theories' to this, but Darth Marsden pretty much summed it up on how I would put it :shrug:

but riddle me this: in theory, how would BS The Legend of Zelda and Ancient Stone Tablets
fit into a timeline (if at all?)

Darth Marsden
11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
They fit into the timeline in the same way the cd-I games do.

IE: They don't.

Generally I, and most others, only take offically released games which you can go out and buy in stores into account, since it can get really confusing otherwise.