PDA

View Full Version : How well do you think the Wii is gonna do?

Rulehy
10-31-2006, 02:34 PM
I keep hearing things like, "Nintendo Wii Rules!" and "Way to go nintendo!" But I also hear, "Ah, the Wii is gonna fail" and "Wii sucks. Plus they will have a shortage." What do you think of it? I am gonna get it, but if I keep hearing that it wont last long, I may reconsider.

ZTC
10-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Plus they will have a shortage
*cough*PS3 shortage*cough*

I'm seriously thinking of getting one next year. It'll prolly prove to be some serious competition.

Beldaran
10-31-2006, 03:06 PM
I think the Wii looks bucking fadass and I totally want one. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a gaming budget these days so it probably won't happen. But if I were an active console buyer, that's the one I would be into.

*b*
10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
"Wii sucks. Plus they will have a shortage."

PS3 fanboys trying to make themselves feel better

I'm definitly going to pick one up once I get the money. It won't be right on the release day or anything, but it'll be soon, that's for sure

And as for the topic, I think it's going to blow away the PS3 and the 360. At the very least, it's going to be much more accepted than the Gamecube was

MottZilla
10-31-2006, 03:56 PM
It would be pretty difficult for it to fail. I'm more concerned about the level of success. Hopefully it could enjoy the same success as the DS has recieved. Either way I intend to try it and very likely buy it.

Archibaldo
10-31-2006, 04:23 PM
The only thing keeping me from getting a Wii is the lack of money. I can't afford much on a college student's budget.

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2006, 04:46 PM
I say: Join the Revolution! Wii will rock your world!

>_> that being said, I probably won't be able to pick one up for a while. I will get one eventually though.

WindStrike
10-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally, Japan was supposed to receive 100,000 systems. That's 20,000 less. That's still alot of people who won't get one if they don't act swiftly. I'm not exactly sure how many Wii systems Japan will be getting, but I'm sure it's well over 80,000.
From The Hylia, that's my explanation right there.

Breaker
10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm much more excited about the Wii than I am with the Playstation 3 (which I have zero interest in) :|

ShadowTiger
10-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Same.

The *only* reason I'm going to buy a Wii is for SSBBrawl, to tell you the truth. That doesn't mean I think it's a bad system though. I'm just not motivated enough to go gaga over gaming right now. I'm an SSB_ fanatic, and that's the end of it. Anything else can wait until the price goes down.

Rainman
10-31-2006, 10:34 PM
I have absolutely no opinion on it. Only thing I know is I'm not going to be buying it since I don't buy consoles.

Rulehy
10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Ok. Thanks. I see why people would say that. Althogh, I am not sure why some one that doesn't really know anything but the origanal nintendo would say that. Rumar I guess.

lord_jamitossi
10-31-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm really hoping that it will do well. It really seems to be the only one of the three that is really pushing the limits at all, the others are more "updates" in my eyes. Sure, they're a lot better than the ones that came before them, but it's really more or less the same thing. The Wii definately isn't though. It's fresh, which is good.

I probably will buy one eventually, I have enough money at this point, but then I wouldn't be able to buy... anything. And that's a problem.

Gerudo
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Plus they will have a shortage.

i think a vgcats comic is appropriate here... (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212)

erm2003
11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
i think a vgcats comic is appropriate here... (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212)

That is absolutely perfect.

MottZilla
11-01-2006, 11:14 PM
It's true too. The system launch is easily the biggest demand for the system and you suffer if you don't have enough for the demand. Some people may not wait for your product and buy something else. Or they might preorder it, not get it, and be really fucking pissed off and never buy your products again.

I hope people go Wii crazy. The more Wii sales, the more Wii software will be made in the future. Support the Wii early on if you want there to be a healthy later on. Buy a system and a couple of games. For the price of the premium PS3 you could buy the Wii and like 8 games. Nintendo would love that.

Darth Marsden
11-02-2006, 04:22 AM
It's true too. The system launch is easily the biggest demand for the system and you suffer if you don't have enough for the demand. Some people may not wait for your product and buy something else. Or they might preorder it, not get it, and be really fucking pissed off and never buy your products again.

I hope people go Wii crazy. The more Wii sales, the more Wii software will be made in the future. Support the Wii early on if you want there to be a healthy later on. Buy a system and a couple of games. For the price of the premium PS3 you could buy the Wii and like 8 games. Nintendo would love that.
While I agree with what you're saying, the main reason I would buy a Wii is for the games, and there's not really anything for it I want at the moment. There's Rayman maybe, and... uh... yeah, that's it.

I'll wait until Mario comes out, 'cause I actually want that. But I will get one. And I think it will rock the bees kness.

goKi
11-02-2006, 08:12 AM
I certainly hope it does as well as everyone thinks it well, that's all i can say. Waiting for the Wii is like waiting for Christmas... Times a thousand.

Rulehy
11-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Wow. I will put my all in it. Makes me wanna spend every dollar I saved for it. In that case, I will do that. ;) Thanks yall.

Archibaldo
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
You know, maybe Sony is only telling people that they're shipping a retardedly low number of PS3s to get every one hyped up to go "OMG I'm going to be the first to get so then they sell out and you won't get one". But come launch day, the stores end up getting double what they were told and then every one buys it think that they're getting the last one and Sony makes a huge turnaround. But then again, I doubt any of their marketing geniuses thought about that. It's too good of an idea.

Darth Marsden
11-02-2006, 04:42 PM
You know, maybe Sony is only telling people that they're shipping a retardedly low number of PS3s to get every one hyped up to go "OMG I'm going to be the first to get so then they sell out and you won't get one". But come launch day, the stores end up getting double what they were told and then every one buys it think that they're getting the last one and Sony makes a huge turnaround. But then again, I doubt any of their marketing geniuses thought about that. It's too good of an idea.
Don't give them ideas, dammit.