PDA

View Full Version : Damn...

ZeldaMaster435
10-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I've finally linked two DMAPS. DMAP0 is the Overworld,and screen 30 is the entrance to DMAP1(Dungeon 1) They are on separate maps. I've linked the Side and Tile Warps so that when you enter the Overworld cave,you enter the first room. Thing is,all set Enemies<Items are not working,I can't find a side door sprite for the side exits.(easily fixable,someone inform me what they are.)And If I try to leave through the exit,I reappear at the same spot. I need some serious help linking dungeons and overworld flawlessly and making side doors in dungeons. I used a guide,but non explained this possibility.

Pineconn
10-30-2006, 09:36 PM
...Is the DMap type for the Dungeon set as dungeon?

ZeldaMaster435
10-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Yup,it is and has been. I think I wasn't meant to be a Zelda designer...lol.

The_Amaster
10-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Youve made sure the side warp leaving is set to DMAP0 screen 30, right?
As for Enemy -> Item, youve set it as the special item for the room, right?
And side door(or lack of therof) sounds like a tileset problem. Which one are you using?

Joe123
10-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Have you given the dungeon a number? cause things tend to not work if you dont

Pineconn
10-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, another thing; the item you want to appear must be the Item (Data -> Item) and not the Special Item. Also make sure you're placing the item with the light blue flag.

ZeldaMaster435
10-31-2006, 05:02 PM
All of the questions have been mostly answered. My DMAPS thing is perfect according to these so called FAQS and Tutorials. Since when do you set items position with the blue flag? Normally you set them with the Blue Rupee and set Enemies to Items,unless it changes. This is the original tileset from Legend of Zelda. If it has no side doors then it isn't a true tileset than. This is the default ZQuest one. And plus my rooms on my dungeon don't connect. They all lead to the entrance.

*Crosses fingers someone doesn't point out the obvious*

Joe123
10-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Ur saying you cant find the side door sprites, you are using the Doors tool right? When you press F6 it opens a tool for putting in doors automatically, which you have to do unless ur using more advanced rules

The_Amaster
11-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Wow, your rooms all connect back to the entrance...thats bizzare. Are you sure in side warp that youve set the proper side to the warp. Ceck if all the little rectangular boxes are black. And Joe123's right, your placing doors with the door tool and not on your own, right?

ZeldaMaster435
11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes,I'm using the door tool. But I don't know if Walk-Through is teh type I should be using? Now,I think that rectangle thing you mentioned is what I need partly. Good idea!

Joe123
11-01-2006, 04:54 PM
ohhhh, thats what ur doing wrong with the doors then. Walk through is for walkthrough walls, you need passage for normal passageways

ZeldaMaster435
11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Another problem...I can't leave my dungeon to get back to screen 30 on my OW. I think this can be solved pretty easily with the warps,but I need some more specification. Items still don't appear either. I fixed the door problem,by using passage. It never even crossed my mind. I'm an idiot.

Joe123
11-01-2006, 05:04 PM
what happens when you leave the dungeon then? You need to be more specific

The_Amaster
11-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Heres what you need to do. DONT DO ANYTHING ELSE IN WARPS. Open up side-warp, click the lower box of the four rectangles, set the Dmap to 0(assuming thats your OvWld), and the screen to 30, and the type to entrance/exit. Make sure that tile warp is blank, as well as any other warps.

ZeldaMaster435
11-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Doesn't do anything. Now its even worse. It doesn't even let me in the dungeon. Plus,I can't go into any other rooms other than my first 2,otherwise I'll reappear at the start of the dungeon like when I try to leave it all together. I'm wondering why these oh so useful tutorials don't even cover this stuff? I'm thinking these warps are all screwed up permanantly,the Special Item way does not work,unless I eliminate Enemies<Items,and the whole thing is going down the drain.

erm2003
11-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Which tutorial are you trying to use? Alphadawg's tutorial does cover these steps and many more basic featues you should know for starters. Look for a link to his tutorial in one of the sticky threads in this forum. It will help you a lot.

ZeldaMaster435
11-01-2006, 08:58 PM
I just used that recently and followed the directions to linking the two maps exactly. And I used my old items strategy that still doesn't work for some reason. It is set but does not appear. But guess what? I can't even get in my dungeon anymore. I go in and a pink screen pops up and the program dissapears.

erm2003
11-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Are you using 2.10? It sounds like you somehow got your warps totally messed up but I am not sure exactly. You may want to go back through the steps and check them off as you go through your settings and see if anything is off from what the tutorial has you doing. Maybe you have the wrong room assignments based on the dungeon dmap. Maybe you don't have the level number set. The problem is most of these ideas have already been suggested so it's tough to tell.

Quick Tip: Use the Go button with your warps to see if they are going to the right place.

The_Amaster
11-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Man, this sounds totally bizzare. Geez, upload it to http://www.filefactory.com, and then PM it to me, and I'll take a look. But from your description, and the bizzarness of what you've got, well, I just dont understand it.

ZeldaMaster435
11-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I fixed the warp problem for getting in. But I still can't leave,and only 2 screens are accesable in the dungeon. If i try to go up,the screen goes grey and I reaappear at the entrance to the dungeon. Items still dfon't appear. So I have 3 main problems. So if I upload it to this site,you can check it out and help out? I'll try it.

(NOTE):How to I add a password to my quest? Its in the header,but it is not required to enter like other quests.

The_Amaster
11-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah, upload it and it''ll give you a link, which you give to me. I wouldnt normally do this, but this problem sounds so bizzare, and I'm not sure what to do, so....
And the password should be you just type it in, and it sets it.

ZeldaMaster435
11-03-2006, 09:14 PM
No need my friend! WOOOT! I used all of your instructions,and created a new map(deleted my dungeon one)and from my observation,you can't make rooms on the very bottom row. I made a 4x4 dungeon called Armos Keep. It actually turned out quite nice. The boss is 6 Armos Knights and is pretty challenging. The Triforce warp worked and I can enter and exit my dungeon. Armos Keep=99% complete. I just wanna add finishing touches,and Pirate's Fortress might not fit the dungeon...We'll see. I played through my dungeon,and died like 7 times so it is very hard. Map,Compass and respawn work as well.

The_Amaster
11-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Oh, yeah...that would explain all your problems. And when you say 4x4, do you mean screens? Cause thats tiny. And WOW 6 armos knights. Tough...

ZeldaMaster435
11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Yes,it is 4x4. Small,but it is the first dungeon,as well as a test for me. I made a simple set-up into something good. And sarcasm aside,the boss is actually pretty tough. You do not have much walking space,and th Armos move fast and deal half a heart and there are a lot of spikes that do 2 hearts and at that point you can only have 3 or 4 hearts so you die quickly,even I,the creator,had to use the doorway to beat it. Thanks everyone for helpin' out. I am now working on these:

Level 2:Spirit Grave
Music: Forest Temple(OOT)
Boss:King's Souls(3 Gibdos,3 Ghinis)

Level 3:Mad Pyramid
Music: Stone Tower Temple(MM)
Boss: NOT AVAILABLE

And these suckers are pretty big.

Imprisoned
11-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Well, 4x4 is kinda small... it's 16 screens right? My first dungeon is 24 screens... but always when you are testing your quest, use clock. Just save the key file:

Quest > Header > Change password... > Check Save Key File

When you have the key file you don't need the password to open the quest, and when you play it you will have all cheats turned on automatically, just press F11 to turn on no walls and clock. Or just press "i" for clock only.