PDA

View Full Version : Link's sprites are messed up (BS Animation)

Entroper
10-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Hey all, sort of new to the boards (I was here about 4 years ago), and definitely a ZQuest n00b. I'm using 2.10 of the game.

I've completed Alphadawg's tutorial and am moving onto more advanced things. Right now I'm having two issues. One is simple, when I make a passageway between rooms, Link starts on the right side of the passageway going either direction. What's the fix for this?

The second is more complicated, Link's animations are all screwy. I'm using the BS Version 3 graphics pack, I have BS Animations turned on, as well as all the mirror slash fixes and stuff. Walking certain directions, Link looks like he's rotating, walking other directions he walks backwards, etc. I opened the BS Version 3 quests and went to Quest->Sprites->Link to see how they had it set up, and mine are set up exactly the same way, they just won't seem to work. What's the deal?

EDIT: Is there a search feature here or am I just blind?

Entroper
10-30-2006, 05:45 PM
OK, one more thing I noticed while debugging: I have all of Level-1 complete, but when Link first enters the dungeon, he walks down one tile. So I had to place the entrance point one square above the entrance. When you continue in the dungeon, Link walks up one tile like normal, but since I've placed the starting location up one, he doesn't start in the doorway. How do I fix this inconsistency? I made the dungeon entrance exactly the same way as when I followed the tutorial, and it worked fine the first time.

erm2003
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
OK, one more thing I noticed while debugging: I have all of Level-1 complete, but when Link first enters the dungeon, he walks down one tile. So I had to place the entrance point one square above the entrance. When you continue in the dungeon, Link walks up one tile like normal, but since I've placed the starting location up one, he doesn't start in the doorway. How do I fix this inconsistency? I made the dungeon entrance exactly the same way as when I followed the tutorial, and it worked fine the first time.
Move the green square on that screen down a bit so it's more flush against the bottom of the screen and Link will walk in the room correctly.

Zedrik
12-10-2006, 11:50 AM
The second is more complicated, Link's animations are all screwy. I'm using the BS Version 3 graphics pack, I have BS Animations turned on, as well as all the mirror slash fixes and stuff. Walking certain directions, Link looks like he's rotating, walking other directions he walks backwards, etc. I opened the BS Version 3 quests and went to Quest->Sprites->Link to see how they had it set up, and mine are set up exactly the same way, they just won't seem to work. What's the deal?

This is happening to me as well. Is there a way to fix this?

Imprisoned
12-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Maybe you guys should get a 2.11 beta, probably 14 or 15...

The BS-Animation takes 3 frames

When setting the left/right walk, check the flips.

Zedrik
12-10-2006, 01:36 PM
When setting the left/right walk, check the flips.
Left and right works fine. But up looks like he's walking down, except he goes up. Going down makes him spin arounda nd around.

Maybe you guys should get a 2.11 beta, probably 14 or 15...
Will this let me use what I've currently got built? Or would I have to start over?

The_Amaster
12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Will this let me use what I've currently got built? Or would I have to start over?
Depends on wheather the gods of fate are feeling mercifull. Just to be carefull, back up your quest before trying to open it. And if when opening it you get an error, try a couple times to be sure.