PDA

View Full Version : Message Strings won't appear?

Imprisoned
10-27-2006, 11:23 AM
I know this is a stupid question...

My older quest crashed up because warps didn't work (also some strings didn't) and now I downloaded 2.11 b14 and started a new quest, when Link enters a house the warp works fine, but message strings won't appear. I set Guy and Message String, what am I doing wrong? Also I tried diff. DMap types (Dungeon, Cave, Overworld and BS-Overworld) and still didn't work.

Any help? :D

ShadowTiger
10-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Level number must be greater than 0. :p Try to make it something like 200, just to be out of the way of levels 1-8, as they're devoted to that particular triforce piece.

C-Dawg
10-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Messages will appear on Cave or Dungeon DMAPS with a level greater than 0. Be aware that when a message appears, the top half of the screen becomes totally unwalkable. There is a quest rule that changes this, I think.

Imprisoned
10-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Thanks heaps I didn't notice it, it's working now :D

EDIT: Dam, now I have a new problem. How can I turn the sword beam off from the Wooden Sword (1)? I tried editing the rules and such but, I didn't find an option.

erm2003
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Go under Quest -> Misc. Data -> Item Properties.

The sword options are there in the first tab and you can turn off any sword beams by unchecking their respective boxes.

Imprisoned
10-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Okay, thanks

oh I have one more problem... wait I don't have XD