PDA

View Full Version : Who else is Link for Halloween?

beefster09
10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I'm not kidding. I am Link for halloween. I made a cardboard Master Sword, and a cardboard shield. But then again, considering most of this community is from age 14-23 (or whatever), You may not do Halloween, really. Oh, well! I've got a comfortable Link hat.

Jigglysaint
10-27-2006, 12:09 AM
I am not very fond of dressing up. What I'd love to do is dress up as a Mormon Missionary and start freaking out people. Unfortunatly I just very well might get repromanded by my church for such a thing. I could dress up as a JW, or maybe a Scientologist.

Modus Ponens
10-27-2006, 01:33 AM
I was Link a few years back, but my costume wasn't very good. This year I'm probably going to be Little Mac.

Mitsukara
10-27-2006, 02:12 AM
I did Link when I was 10 or 11. I had an oversized green t-shirt for a tunic over a brown long-sleeved shirt, green shots under the t-shirt, felt boots I had to be really careful with that mom made for me- I think that may've been the last time she worked on a costume for me, understandably- and a cardboard shield. The sword was a silver plastic sword from Wal Mart with a couple of red plastic beads glued on near the bottom. I was kinda following the LTTP design.

Since then I've had no "real" costumes. Indeed, the only two I recall were made from clothes I already owned, just worn in a specific combination. Like most previous years, this year I don't have any ideas for doing that and thus will not be dressing up. Yay.

Archibaldo
10-27-2006, 10:37 AM
I usually just dress up as a hobo. It's easy and it gives me a reason to roll aound in the mud and not shower.:thumbsup:

Beldaran
10-27-2006, 11:16 AM
This year I'm probably going to be Little Mac.

That's an awesome costume idea.

I was thinking of wearing my normal clothes and when people ask what my costume is I'll say "I'm dressed up as a guy ten seconds before a black hole randomly appears and compresses him into a singularity."

But since I never go anywhere for halloween, (even though its my 2nd favorite holidy), I will probably just stay home and study or play guitar.

ShadowTiger
10-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I was thinking of wearing my normal clothes and when people ask what my costume is I'll say "I'm dressed up as a guy ten seconds before a black hole randomly appears and compresses him into a singularity."I went as that last year. :) I forgot to tell anyone about it though. Who knows how much candy I could have amassed.

I'll be staying home for the holiday as well, save for college, obviously. Actually I'll be in school from 7:00 AM to 11:30 PM, due to nine hours of chemistry, some lab hours, a Japanese midterm, and wandering around in a constant daze out of not bringing food with me. ... blah.

<3 Halloween.

ZTC
10-27-2006, 12:36 PM
If I had some extra money, I'd have some food delivered to you at college, Josh ^_^;
Last year I wore my old karate gi to work. (was in interesting night). I'm thinking of just wearing my usual stuff, but with a ballcap :shrug:
You beat me Josh, I'm only at college from 8am-8pm.

AtmaWeapon
10-28-2006, 12:43 AM
as usual I am not home for Halloween so I will be dressed up as a college student doing well in every class but one and celebrating by playing eve online and wishing it was Thanksgiving

Beldaran
10-28-2006, 01:53 AM
I will be dressed up as a college student doing well in every class but one

hahaha I am in exactly the same situation. Straight A's... and a C. wtf

Modus Ponens
10-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Well, last night I went to my friend Vinnie's "40s Formal Party," wherein we all dressed formally and drank 40s. It was fun, and then my group went to a costume party. I showed up to this costume party wearing my tuxedo, so I decided that I was dressed as a seat filler for the Emmys.

MottZilla
10-28-2006, 02:41 PM
The easiest costume ever is to just say you're a serial killer. Just work on your facial expression when for when you tell them. Oh and you could always dress up as the unabomber. Maybe muslim extremists are popular this year.

Anyways, have fun dressing up as Link. I forget the last year I went out for Halloween but I was a "Jedi" with a pretty nice costume. And I also had a Lightsaber I'd previously made out of some heavy PVC pipe, painted and everything. No it didn't glow, but it was a hell of a blunt weapon.

Master Ghaleon
10-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I dressed up as link as well when I was 12 lol

moocow
10-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I was supposed to go to a halloween party this weekend, but couldn't... I was going to dress as a slutty teacher or something slutty like that. Boobs = free drinks (the party was at a bar). Anyhow, I'm taking Bladen trick-or-treating on Tuesday, and he's dressing as a little mechanic. I wanted to dress him as a pimp, but couldn't find any appropriate attire for doing so until last week, when I didn't have the money to buy it :( So, a mechanic it is. He has a cute white and blue stripped button up shirt that has a radio flyer badge on the front and a picture of a wagon on the back, dark blue pants and brown boots. Gonna make his face look like he has oil on it and put wrenches in his pockets (gonna sew them so they're sticking out). I have a white long sleeve shirt to put under it... might need something warmer though :(

Last year he was Yoda :)

http://x28.xanga.com/218d151b51d3285945681/w59152043.jpg
http://xfc.xanga.com/09ed001738c3585945706/w59152065.jpg

He wasn't very thrilled.

Gerudo
10-30-2006, 03:27 AM
i wanted to go trick or treating, but eh... its gonna be too effing cold here, and my cousin backed out on me, on the grounds that he's "too old"...

you're never too old to have fun... :(

Dracula
10-30-2006, 04:13 AM
I wanted to dress up like Waldo, and hide in random places until someone finds me.