PDA

View Full Version : ZC Quest Database!

Pineconn
10-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah, it's been awhile since anything has happened in the Quest Database. It's obvious that nothing as been done to the site during the past few months.

Back to the drawing board.

LinkMaster500
10-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Are there technical problems with the QDB or have many quests been added to ZC recently?

Luigi
10-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Are there technical problems with the QDB or have many quests been added to ZC recently?

There haven't been many new quests recently - I think that's to do with these 'buggy' betas.

Pineconn
10-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Eckels was the last-in-charge, I believe late July. He made a few updates - as a matter of fact, important updates - to the database. I wonder why he quit all of a sudden again...

What we really need is a few people willing to run the QDB. As far as I know, it works. I (and a few others, like rocksfan), have volunteered to do so, but...

Hm.

LinkMaster500
10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
It could also be due to most people trying to make quests using 2.11 betas but are reluctant to put them on the QDB due to the bugs that still have not yet been fixed. It will be busy, I imagine, when the full-fledged version of 2.11 is released and available.

DarkFlameWolf
10-27-2006, 08:38 PM
well, I'd be willing. True, I may not be able to update as often, but I'm sure I'd be able to update a hell of a lot more than what is being done now! LOL

rocksfan13
10-27-2006, 10:50 PM
The last thing I heard from Eckels was the scripting in the php in the actual DB was hosed and needed massive fixing. He had said that he was also going to possibly write a tutorial on how to run and update the DB for the next person or persons in charge of it. That was in late July.

He hasn't been on too much lately. He was here 2 days ago. I don't know if he is still working on it or not. One could only either PM him or ask him some other way. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten about it.

And yes, Pineconn. I did volunteer to help run it and still do. The big thing here is waiting for it to get fixed. And since Eckels wrote it, only HE really knows how to fix it. Who knows maybe some day soon the announcement will come that it as been fixed and ready.

Pineconn
10-27-2006, 11:36 PM
And yes, Pineconn. I did volunteer to help run it and still do. The big thing here is waiting for it to get fixed. And since Eckels wrote it, only HE really knows how to fix it. Who knows maybe some day soon the announcement will come that it as been fixed and ready.

True, but PHP, like all progamming language, is universal. So it would be nice if someone who really knows how to use it would step forward and, if we could get a hold of Eckels, he could pass the programming job to this person.

I, of course, do not know anything about PHP.