PDA

View Full Version : Layer fix

Mega Link
10-26-2006, 08:52 PM
When I use transparent layers, sometimes the colors don't look right. For example, (error uploading the image) instead of dark brown, the dark areas of the cave are green and other colors!

*b*
10-27-2006, 01:52 AM
If I remember correctly, ZC stores the colors that appear as transparent in a 16 color cset, so the program matches as many colors together as possible, and sometimes dark green is blue, yellow becomes grey, and so on

I do know, however, that ZC currently isn't capable of displaying truly accurate transparent colors, which is why it dosen't

Nicholas Steel
10-27-2006, 02:28 AM
it cant display transparently because that needs a 16 bit rendering engine... if zc ever gets updated to work with a 16bit renderer you will get true transparency.

keep in mind i have no idea about pallets and there limits... so yea im kinda a n00b in zquest but know enough to do most of what i want which is all that matters...

blue_knight
10-27-2006, 02:46 AM
Remember to hit 'b' to rebuild the translucency table if it looks really weird. Yeah translucency doesn't always look right but its not too bad, the translucency table seems to get out of whack when you change palettes.

Mega Link
10-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks, I'll try that!
Edit: It didn't work! Can a developer fix this!?
Edit2: Here is a screenshot:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7518/zelda037vi9.png