PDA

View Full Version : keep getting an error opening zc

sawaai
10-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I've installed it many times and went thru the forum but nothing
seems to help. Everytime I try to open it the desktop blinks and
it says that its encountered an error and can't open. Please Help.

bluedeath
10-26-2006, 06:06 PM
What version are you using?

nofloyd
10-26-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm looking through this forum because I have the same problem. ZC blinks and shuts down. I'm on a different machine since I last played Zelda Classic games.

I now have a Win XP notebook and I downloaded ZC2.10. One suspicion - ag setup - that would be the ag.cfg file? The computer has associated the .cfg file type with Microsoft Office Outlook configuration. I tried associating ag.cfg with zelda -w but it didn't help. What would be the proper association for this file?

Thanks for any help. After a year away from ZC I suddenly have a burning desire to play a quest.

sawaai
10-27-2006, 08:32 AM
I've downloaded the Zelda Classic v2.10 - Windows Version, I'm on a notebook with xp

Nicholas Steel
10-27-2006, 09:00 AM
associate it with notepad nofloyd

sawaai
10-27-2006, 10:38 AM
i don't know what that means.:confused:

nofloyd
10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the notepad tip, franpa. Bigger problem, I was reading the 'Zelda Classic 2.10' thread in this forum and someone lists the files we should have. I am missing agsetup.exe.

I went back to download the Windows support archive from ZeldaClassic.com , got a 'not found on server' message, but I found a link in the above thread that did work so my next step is to compare all the files and hope that the support archive has what I'm missing.

sawaai, you may want to see if you're missing files too. I've downloaded ZC several times in the past but never had missing files before. Check the 'Zelda Classic 2.10' thread for the discussion of the files.

I'll let you know if I get it working or not.

Nicholas Steel
10-27-2006, 09:03 PM
there is no agsetup.exe file in any windows versions as its not needed.

nofloyd
10-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks again franpa, I panicked too soon about missing files.

I've got a working Zelda!

ZC Fullscreen doesn't work, it would be nice, but I finally noticed the ZC Windowed Large option, which appears to be fine. I may not push my luck and work on the fullscreen problem.

Dang, I forgot what the ZC function key/combo to get a screenshot is.

sawaai, under Start>Programs>ZeldaClassic 2.10> have you tried all of the ZC options. ZC Fullscreen, ZC Windowed Large, and ZC Windowed Small? I was going right to Windows Explorer and missing them, and only running zelda -w.exe.

It runs: "C:\Program Files\ZC2.10\zelda-w.exe" -res 512 448 big -windowed