PDA

View Full Version : Multipe Triggers/Effects

The_Amaster
10-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Is there any way to assign different secret triggers to different secret combos, so for example, lighting one candle raises stairs, and lighting another one on the same screen opens shutters?

shanyi
10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm trying to work out how to do this as well, using version 2.10. In my scenario, when you destroy all the enemies on screen I want one tile to appear, then you have to fire an arrow at an armos for another set of tiles to appear, allowing you to cross a (surprisingly inanimate) river. At the moment, if I click the 'enemy>secret' data tag, both sets of tiles appear. I don't know how to assign triggers to individual combos, or even if it's possible. To be entirely honest, I don't fully understand how the trigger/combo commands work at all, since they both use flags (what determines which flag is the trigger and which is the action?), but if I work anything out I'll post here immediately.

C-Dawg
10-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Tiered secrets are still linear. If you force the player to trigger one secret first, you can set the tiers to reveal the second secret later. But without using pit warps and multiple screens, I don't believe there is a way to have one secret trigger only some changes on the screen...

..yet. I hear they're going to add copycat step->next combos in the next beta. This would let you trigger only some of the secrets on a screen at once.