PDA

View Full Version : The Three Towers Discussion Suggestions/Bugs

bluedeath
10-25-2006, 07:02 PM
explain some suggestions, or discussion like what the game is like and stuff, ask me anything that has to do with T.t.T, and please report me some bugs.
Edit: Current Bugs being fixed
Infinate Pot slash in house(Fixed)
Make tops of tree's on the island(working on it)
when link uses the raft to leave tower teleport to some strange area(Fixed)
Heart Container Flash (cannot be fixed because of Beta 13 Bug)
so if you find out anything more, please report this
Edit2: gimme puzzle idea's too i already have these in demo #1&2
Block Puzzle
Block Trigger Puzzle
Switch Puzzles
Walk in Wall Puzzles
Other

Rulehy
10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Maybe wand mirror puzzles and ocarina to bridge to secret dungeon?

bluedeath
10-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Hmm not bad thanks for that hows this? for the entrance of secret dungeon when your walking and you enter the next room there is mirrors scattered all over the place and try to hit the right one and make them bounce off to hit the monsters that you cant reach, when they're all dead, the floor appears.
Hows that?

Rulehy
10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Hmm...Yah I like that idea! But couldn't you just aim past the mirrors to hit them?

bluedeath
10-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Hmm...Yah I like that idea! But couldn't you just aim past the mirrors to hit them?

for example.. the monsters r here Red The mirrors Blue
####
######
######
# ####
Black The Room
Edit Sorry if this is hard to understand .. and the monsters move up and down so think

Rulehy
10-25-2006, 09:03 PM
for example.. the monsters r here Red The mirrors Blue
####
######
######
# ####
Black The Room
Edit Sorry if this is hard to understand ..

Ok, but you need like a wall or somethin. Look.

####
######
######
# ####
.....;
.....;
.....L

Link doesn't have to hit the mirrors to hit the enemies. This make sence?

L= Link.
;= beam.

bluedeath
10-26-2006, 01:43 PM
no example there is monsters on the top of the room, and there is monsters on both sides. But... There is no floor, so what you do is use bow or wand to hit monsters on top but, ill make sure there is room to shoot through the mirrors. And there will be mirrors to hit the monsters on the sides. Good enough?

Rulehy
10-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Hmm. I guess what I mean is that you shouldn't be able to go past the mirrors unless you hit the mirrors. I found a way that might work.
**##
#**#
#***
####
..;
..L

Maybe somthing like that. That way link is forced to hit the mirrors, if thats what you want.

Another idea for puzzles, bommarang hit switch makes a 10 second floor. Place a bomb on the temp floor and hook shot out of the way. Bomb blows a door open and hit the switch again to get there. Hows that?

bluedeath
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Not bad, ill think about putting that in one of my levels.

Rulehy
10-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh and a block puzzle where you blow a brick to move the block. Then you have to leave 2 left over so it tricks.

bluedeath
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Wait i just had another idea, remember when freedom showed me multiple torches and you can hold ctrl to select flag in secret combos? well i just had another idea i could possibly do this with bombs. So i could make multiple bombs in a block puzzle like example bomb the block and push more blocks in the way, but if u push a bad block you wont be able to reach that cracked block.

Rulehy
10-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Yes, thats a nice idea!

but if u push a bad block you wont be able to reach that cracked block.
I like that part.

bluedeath
10-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Glad you agree with me, in case u need to restart room exit and reenter im not using reset combo it will just seem wierd seing the blocks flying back into possition like that hehe
Edit2: how about this for a mini boss? in dungeon 5
General DarkNut
this is my thought ps i have the tiles for it
ok..
When you do this boss obviously you will have the hammer..
Hammer him 2 times
hit him with the sword.
then it will show a scene where link jumps off the walls (lol...)
quickly press A up, if you dont the general will throw a dagger at you, this is what happens if you succeed
link quickly gains balance and wall jumps the wall and flys towards the general then the general gets harder until he is dead.

Rulehy
10-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Yah. Thats a good idea. Link's sure turning into quite the acrobatic in all the zelda games huh?

bluedeath
10-27-2006, 03:26 PM
lol yes i geuss i cant wait until gcn tp zelda haha but i will get the wii version
edit:
pritty lucky me that i won a free nintendo wii in a contest no games but i could play gcn on it, but its not too fun without the good controlers so i just tried and hooked it up.. lol but then i got bored cuz windwaker isnt my style...
i beat it like.. 50 times

Rulehy
10-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Ya. I would get the wii. Sword in one hand (swing) shield in the other ((block)) or something. I hear you can even use the nunchuck and aim stuff!

bluedeath
10-27-2006, 03:29 PM
i know there is a num chuk and i want it lol my gcn broke so i was lucky to get the wii for contest haha thats the first contest that somone in this house achually wins its no fair, but atleast i won a WII!

Rulehy
10-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Cool! I have been saving for a long time now. I got $334 dollars so far. I figure an extra controler,game, and system should need about $350.

bluedeath
10-27-2006, 03:37 PM
lol somone in my school is such a big liar though he said he bought a wii for 800$ and it isnt even out yet and 800$ would be too much lol he steals my pencils so i kick him when he does ^^

Rulehy
10-27-2006, 03:42 PM
lol! I hide pencils because every day they are gone! The wii isn't even close to that much! lol It's only gonna be $249. It's offical. Its at the nintendo site.

bluedeath
10-28-2006, 07:34 AM
lol enough of nintendo wii T.t.T ... discussion... not pencils..

Rulehy
10-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh...yah lol...

Heres another idea. How about a "fake enemy room?" (oh this is good) Where theres like 10 fake enemies and 1 real one. If you hit a fake one, you take damage. Theres always a way to figure out the real one, just really hard. Each time you get the real one, a new set and methed of figuring the enemy is active. There could be like 3 or 4 stages.

bluedeath
10-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Ok sounds good and how about this an ordinary room that looks .... ordinary... but the floor looks all the same and some are unwalkable ...
so it will piss alot of people off.. for example... dark room... lol!!!

Rulehy
10-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Yah, that would be awesome. Id still really like to see link, "Sky diven, Rocky mountain climben, 2.7 seconds" well.....you get it.

bluedeath
10-28-2006, 01:40 PM
yes link is quite the acrobatic..

Rulehy
10-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Maybe another puzzle idea... (This is how I thank you for all the ideas you gave me) How about, warp wall puzzle like in LOZ A Link to the Past where you have to use warp pads to navegate around the room.

bluedeath
10-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Ok.... theres another idea, thats good... since the beta i am using allows multiple teleport that could work very very nicely
how about this for a mini boss... KIRBY!! jk i dont know yet ill think of that when i make the full version, but since my main title screen music isnt working ill just have to edit it to make it sound better cuz... TRACKER SUCKS!
monkey bum because the volume is too low! and... you can't edit it.. and...and...annnnd...oh yea, not all tracker musics WORK!!!

Rulehy
10-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Maybe a flame golem boss?

bluedeath
10-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Achually thats not bad i achually have those tiles.. that could be a mini boss for the fire dungeon, and i have twin rova tiles so i could do that for the spirit dungeon, oh and.. monkeys suck eggs, yes... i have obsessions with monkeys but screw the monkeys ass get back to talking about t.t.t um sorry for language.. but who cares,good idea

Rulehy
10-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Yah. Thats a good idea! I like the idea of twinrova. Be hard though...

bluedeath
10-28-2006, 02:23 PM
no freaking duh... 6th lvl.. there is gonna be like 16 lvls anyways
seriously..

Rulehy
10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow. Big game.

bluedeath
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM
lol secret lvls towers main lvls....

Rulehy
11-01-2006, 08:03 PM
I was gonna say.. Thats a long time to have to wait to beat the snot out of ganon! Thats why shadow and puppet gannon made WW good! lol

bluedeath
11-02-2006, 12:49 PM
i didnt like ww that much, because of the sucky graphics mostly cuz link is like a lil midget kid walking around going like hiyah!! ayayayaya!

Rulehy
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Yah. I tend to like cel-shade style because it doesn't take as much memorie and is nice and bright. Therefor the game can be bigger and have more to it because theres more mem. Thats my opinion. I do like the nice graphics better though, like TP is gonna be big, and good looking.

bluedeath
11-04-2006, 10:36 AM
more like ganons a pig... oh you werent talking about that hehe i knew that..
anyways enough of ww lol we both beat it... we all know what happens.
so.... any suggestions rulehy?

Rulehy
11-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Hmmm, a puzzle where you swim and dive warp to get an item. Use the two misc items as rocks or somthin, and if you pick up a rock underwater, you have to start over. If you get the real item, a passage opens up. Hows that?

bluedeath
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
hmm well... thats good... but sadly i dont think i know how to do that... i could possibly do it if i knew how z-script works, usually i just copied the codes. But what i could do is...somthing that involves combo cycle, like shall i say? ..... water and lava. This is how it would work, btw there will be switches in the water. Ok...You will have to swim as fast as you can to the switch in the water and dive for it before the water turns into lava. If the water is turned into lava then you are screwed... Get the switch, then the water will last longer, keep doing that until you reach the next door,
or... while pushing switches, quickly get on a certain floor and push a block onto a switch, that would work too.

Rulehy
11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Yah, I like that idea. Nice ideas blue. Use that one because it's especaly good.

bluedeath
11-15-2006, 07:30 PM
hehe i got that one from hero of dreams, i hope you dont mind that i took your idea shoelace hehe

Rulehy
11-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Hmm, I don't remember that.. I must not have gotten that far.

bluedeath
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
lvl 8

SpacemanDan
11-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Heh, a feindish one I used in level 4 of KT was a block puzzle with invisible blocks. I put some Zol Tribbles for magic, if needed, so you could use the lense to see the blocks.
Pretty much, all you have to do is make a combo for each kind of push block, but set the tile to the floor you are using in that dungeon. Then, if you are using 2.11b10+, you set the inherit flag to a secret combo. Each one will need it's own secret flag. Make sure it is un-walkable! Then, inside the secret combo window, set the secret combos to the corresponding flag number. (So the first one may be a 4-way block, the next being vertical, ect.) With all that said and done, you just put the push block flags on the combos you laid out for your puzzle. You could do the same with the block trigger. (I mean, make it invisible.) Just do the same as above, but instead of a push block flag, you would use a block trigger flag.
I would keep it simple, seeing as the lense of truth REALLY eats magic away quickly.

bluedeath
11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
woah lol good one, i never thought of that. The lens would be good in the quest, i was gonna put them too and noone ever uses them in there quests..

bluedeath
11-23-2006, 08:07 PM
... Is anyone else but me,rulehy,and blaman gonna use this thread... I need pro's to give me ideas...

bluedeath
12-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Anyone...

Nimono
12-01-2006, 06:52 PM
You want ideas? I'm chock-full of them. :P How about you make a puzzle like the ones in Level 4 of Oracle of Ages, where you had to pull a lever to make the lava harden, but after a short amount of time, the lava came back and if you were still there when the flowing lava came back... Well, you know. You lose 1/2 of a Heart. Do that, only instead of a level, have it as a switch. When you activate it, the lava "hardens". Use combo cycling to make the lava harden, and start flowing again. When all the lava is back to normal, the button switch deactivates and you can activate it again to try to get out of the room. Just... Make sure there's enough time bewteen the time when it's hard and the time it goes back to "flowing mode" (for lack of a better word) so the player can get out. If it reverts back to normal too fast, the player may NEVER get past that room. Just remember not to make the hardened part transfer over to the next screen. You'll get weirdness if you do that. O_o Or, if you use Beta 15, you can use the Roc's Feather in an intricate puzzle, involving pits, blocks, switches, and trigger flags. Take this example:

You're in a square room with a lot of pits. If you fall in one, you fall to the floor below and must start all over again. Strewn all over the room are blocks that you must push on to Block Triggers to open a door. The Block Triggers are Red Switches, but there's also Yellow Switches that clear out a path for you to take to get around. But you have the Roc's Feather, so why bother? Because some blocks require you to push them over the pits to get them to a Block Trigger. This is where the Block Hole flag comes in handy. Place them on all the pits. Some blocks are barricaded by other blocks that can't be moved, but they have a Wand on them. Place Wand Flags on them (whack them with it, don't use magic, to trigger them) and the player must use the wand to activate them. But what of the secrets? Make the Wand Flag INHERENT, and place a Singular Flag on them (not Singular 16-31+). There. As for the pits, inherent Flags 16-31. Choose one. Basically, you must move the pits using the switches to get the blocks around, BUT you must also beware the Block Hole flags. One wrong button press and good-bye block. :laughing: Get all the blocks where they go and the door opens! Nice puzzle, huh? It's also not too hard to make, as long as you can use Tiered Secrets. ;)

bluedeath
12-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Problem you can't pull,
and more awsome ideas thanks! And, what do you think about this?
With the Roc's Feather there is a block room where there is a switch or two, and a 1 width and like..6 hight pit and a bunch of blocks on 1 side of the room and a few blocks on the other, while pushing some blocks link will need to jump the pit and go around the other blocks and take the other side of the blocks and push the other ones in the switch, if you do somthing on the other side where you started then perhaps link could make an opening for a switch on the top side :)

bluedeath
12-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Here is some sweet new screens! Are they good or no?
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q175/jeremy850/beachscreen2.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q175/jeremy850/beachscreen1.jpg

bluedeath
12-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Anyone?

Rulehy
12-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Hmm.. now that i am back from a looooooooong time of being ill, I can finaly have ideas again. lol!

"Link walks into the room, looks around, and sees a bottle that is cracked. He trys to smash it, but it is rock hard. He picks it up and throws it. Nothin happens. Just when all hope was lost, he thought, *Gee! Theres no way! But.....maybe it isn't cracked.... just a design?* He looks at the floor in a certain area, and finds that the patter looks like the crack. He walks over with the bottle, and places it. Nothing happens. He smashes it to find it worked! He finds the key to move on!"

Hows that for an idea? lol kinda dull, but I like it. By the way, thoes screens look good, but maybe a little less shells on that one screen.