PDA

View Full Version : Car crash

goKi
10-25-2006, 06:41 AM
I'm fine, but my car isn't. I'll get the pictures from my cellphone later.

It happened at a roundabout. She (and a witness that she shared testimonies with before the cops arrived) are lying about what happened, saying i entered the roundabout after her. The damage to our cars (she hit the side of my car with the front of hers) show otherwise. The cops didn't give a fuck about the evidence, just what this lying bitch had to say. So yeah, i've gotta pay damage to her car, write mine off (get maybe $200 from a wreckers for the back half of my car), front court for a traffic offence which i didn't commit, and buy a new car.

The road rules in this country are a fucking joke.

Breaker
10-25-2006, 08:30 AM
I've only ever seen one roundabout in the US and I have to go through it everytime I go out to the beach. It's retarded and scares the shit out of me. Not that I found it complicated or anything, but if you've ever been to Florida, then you'd know 99.9% of the drivers on the road are fucking stupid insane and they're hurling at you in circles at high speeds just as confused and scared as you are.. It's terrifying. :|

goKi
10-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Note to all Americans that the damage is on the opposite side because we drive on the opposite side.

http://www.armageddongames.net/goki/car1.jpg
http://www.armageddongames.net/goki/car2.jpg
http://www.armageddongames.net/goki/car3.jpg

Now. that certainly looks like i entered the roundabout too late!

I can't fucking believe it. if i entered the roundabout late, i'd have hit the side of her car, or probably spun her around. I was fucked over completely.

She was in a huge 4WD with a bullbar, too. No fucking wonder it mangled my car so badly. Worst thing is, i clearly did nothing wrong, and i've got no chance of winning this at an appeals court. The response i got was seriously something along the lines of 'your stories don't match up, so we're just going to take her story on record. Don't even bother appealing, you're fucked, mate.'

Aegix Drakan
10-25-2006, 09:25 AM
The innocent always get screwed. It's the way of the world.

but DAMN that's unfair!

goKi
10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah, i'm furious. I've been up the last few hours trying to determine if her story is possible. I think it defies physics, and i'm going to prove it if it kills me. Winning this court case is about more than money.

Aegix Drakan
10-25-2006, 09:33 AM
well, good luck. Hope you win the case.

Archibaldo
10-25-2006, 10:34 AM
You're going to need a montage if you want to gather enough evidence to prove that bitch wong. There's no way any mortal would be able to handle a feat like that with out one.

It's the final countdown... /montage

goKi
10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Well i'm fucking broke either way, so i need to take a shot at it.

Beldaran
10-25-2006, 11:14 AM
That cop who said you have no chance in court is lying to you. He just doesn't want to show up to a trial because he's lazy so he's trying to convince you not to get one.

God damn it, I hope she gets what she deserves. That's fucking ridiculous.

goKi
10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
That's exactly why there's a mess in the first place, because the cop was too lazy to turn his fucking head and look at the damage to my car.

Kairyu
10-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Do you have pictures of her car as well?

Prrkitty
10-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Good luck sweetheart. Remember... keep your cool through *all* of this and just tell your story to the best of your ability with every bit of evidence that you can provide and take lots and lots of pictures of both cars (hopefully you can get some of hers).
<hug>

Breaker
10-25-2006, 11:59 AM
take her to court, but before the appeal/hearing, track down the cop and kill him. better yet, take him to the home of the witness and kill them both, then set it up to look like a homicide/suicide. remember to shave all the hair off your body, wear gloves, and wear a pair of shoes that are 3 sizes too big during the murder. goodluck mate'.

vegeta1215
10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Didn't you just get your car fixed from another accident?

Fucking people. Someone backed into my car in April and drove away. Thankfully my neighbor got their tag number and I called the police and got their asses back to my place. They wound up paying for it all through their insurance, around $1600 or so (which included my rental car), and the damage was no where near as bad as that.

Seriously, I'd fight it.

ZTC
10-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Fight it and hope for the best. I wish thee good luck.

Cloral
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Go talk to a lawyer. As much as I don't like them, this is something too serious to leave to chance.

erm2003
10-25-2006, 05:02 PM
That sucks. The worst thing you have going for you too is that you are young and therefore assumed to be naive. That's probably why the cop gave you attitude. Hopefully the evidence you are collecting will be enough to clear it up. Good luck.

goKi
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Never bothered to take pictures of her car, because her car has a tiny dent/scratch on the front of the bullbar, hardly any damage at all.

moocow
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Never bothered to take pictures of her car, because her car has a tiny dent/scratch on the front of the bullbar, hardly any damage at all.

The car with the least damages is usually at fault.

I think.

Anyhow, fight that cunt face. Good luck babers.

goKi
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
I will lose this in court. But fuck this, i'm going to have a criminal record for something i clearly didn't do, of course i'm going to fight it.

Masamune
10-25-2006, 07:03 PM
i think ur car broke. :(

Aegix Drakan
10-25-2006, 08:34 PM

/me :whap: s Masamune.

No kidding it's broke!

Come on! Did you even, you know, bother to READ the topic?

Or is that just REALLY badly disguised sarcasm?

Eckels
10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Note to all Americans that the damage is on the opposite side because we drive on the opposite side.

Well there's your problem right there! If you crazy Aussies would just drive on the right side of the street, then you wouldn't have this problem! It's called the right side because it's not the wrong side!

rocksfan13
10-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Well there's your problem right there! If you crazy Aussies would just drive on the right side of the street, then you wouldn't have this problem! It's called the right side because it's not the wrong side!

Amen. Gotta love the US.

Anyway, go for it. If she was in the wrong take it to her. Gotta get something from it. Either way accidents completely suck. I have a pending suit against me but it's not about injuries or anything. Just a jackass that wants what he doesn't deserve, since he won't get workman's comp from it. Not that I'm calling YOU a jackass.

Tough one.

goKi
10-26-2006, 04:17 AM
I've got an appointment with my lawyer coming up. Lets hope he thinks we can build a case.

Don't fuck with me. Not today, dude.

Consider yourself warned.

koopa
10-26-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry to her that happened to you, goKi. I've been in a few accidents myself - car hit from behind - but nothing that bad, and I wasn't driving at the time thank God. To get your car hit and to get into a legal mess over it sounds even worse, at least you didn't get hurt but it sucks anyway.
I'm not a legal expert but I'd say if you had entered after her, your "bump" would be more to the front than on the side of the car. In any case I hope they can reconstruct what happened and prove you right, I'll join everyone else in whishing you good luck there. Personally I think the cop just said that because it's a lot less work for him if you just accept it than go to court. Don't get your hopes down.

Finally, if you think your road laws suck then don't ever go to France. They have two types of roundabout there, one where the cars in the roundabout have priority and another where those entering have priority. If that's not wierd I don't know what is.

ctrl-alt-delete
10-26-2006, 05:49 PM
I took an AP Physics class in high school, and we had TONS of word problems based on car accidents. Needless to say, I aced the class. Give me a call and give me some details, and I might be able to help out.

Masamune
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
I took an AP Physics class in high school, and we had TONS of word problems based on car accidents. Needless to say, I aced the class. Give me a call and give me some details, and I might be able to help out.

Whoa there. Forget the guys at the police station who know about bullet ballistics and probably something about car wrecks. CAD here took a physics class in high school. Step the fuck off, professional law enforcement.

biggiy05
10-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Whoa there. Forget the guys at the police station who know about bullet ballistics and probably something about car wrecks. CAD here took a physics class in high school. Step the fuck off, professional law enforcement.

He is trying to offer some help. You don't have to be a dick about it.

erm2003
10-26-2006, 07:57 PM
He is trying to offer some help. You don't have to be a dick about it.

Exactly. And from what goki is telling us the "professional law enforcement" there has fucked it up already. Screw them.

goKi
10-27-2006, 04:11 AM

Problem is that the cops didn't fucking look at anything to do with the car wreck, moron.
This is why you need to drop 'the past', and stop going on tilt over everything i say, dickhead. I mentioned several times that the police didn't examine the crime scene at all, and were in a hurry to place blame so they could leave. Kolt may actually be able to help me, because i've already been collecting info to do exactly that we is doing right now. If i can disprove her testimony in court (ie. speed we were both travelling), i'll win the case. So, it seems like the only person who wasn't being relevant to the thread was you. Now, get the fuck out of my thread.

DarkDragon
10-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Finally, if you think your road laws suck then don't ever go to France. They have two types of roundabout there, one where the cars in the roundabout have priority and another where those entering have priority. If that's not wierd I don't know what is.

And moreover, even if there's a sign posted saying, "cars entering have priority," there's still only a 50% chance that entering cars have priority... :/

Sam Atoms
10-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Finally, if you think your road laws suck then don't ever go to France.

I would like to take the liberty of proposing a modification. Don't ever go to France, period. At least not if you're planning to stay close to the city. The roundabouts might not even be your biggest problem. We were trying to get to a hotel in Paris from outside the city and we had just gotten off the beltway that goes around the downtown. Right past the exit ramp was an intersection, and as we waited it went from crowded to utterly hopeless. It didn't matter what color the traffic light was. The whole intersection, and all the cross streets for about 60 yards out each way, were simply a frozen sea of jammed traffic. It was like a parking lot without order. Fortunately we were able to waggle out of the mess to one side and took a long detour. God knows how much longer it was stuck after we left.

Rainman
10-28-2006, 01:22 AM
I would like to take the liberty of proposing a modification. Don't ever go to France, period. At least not if ...

You don't say "period" and add modifiers. :confused:

ctrl-alt-delete
10-28-2006, 06:03 PM

*Sigh*

I find it hilarious how you are the only one who cannot let go of the past, especially considering I had a personal conversation with Gerudo which I am sure you know about, referencing the fact that your fight with Goki had absolutely nothing to do with me and I held nothing against you. But for the sake of RATIONAL argument, and since I am a whole hell of a lot more mature than you, I will respond without being a jerk.

Quite simply, cops are assholes. They took what they heard, and ran with it. Last night, my car ran out of gas in the middle of the fucking highway. I pulled over to the shoulder and called my Roadside Assistance, which I get free with my Mini. A highway patrol officer pulled over, seeing my flashers. He told me to get into my car and put it in nuetral, and he would push me to safety, considering I was not in a safe location. I told him that was fine, and told him that I had already informed my Roadside Assistance of my location and that they told me not to leave. He said, and I quote, "You can get in your car and do it right now, or I am going to write you a ticket." Write me a fucking ticket because my car broke down? Fuck him, and all cops who believe that they are above the fucking law. System of checks and balances? Yeah fucking right. The Executive Branch of our government has all of the power, and gets away with whatever the fuck they want.

When people have power, they abuse it. That statement is true all over the world, even in Australia. If I had a guess, I would say that when the cops had to choose between two sexy Aussie chics story and an Aussie male, they went with the girls.

Also, for your information, the class I took was an AP class--Advanced Placement. It was a Sophomore college class. I aced the class both quarters of the Semester, and aced the test, receiving college credit up to my Junior year. Not to mention two AP Calculus classes(Physics is just a ton of math), which coupled with the Physics, place my intelligence far above police officers who go through bullshit training and have a bullshit education. Most police officers ARE police officers because they do not want to get a real education, and it is fast money. These were not CSI actors, Pat. These are traffic cops...come on, man.

On a side note, I also took AP Chemistry, AP Biology II, AP Government, AP US History, AP English IV, and AP Spanish V(which I have forgotten most of). I took every one of those classes, along with many others, all before I dropped out of high school when my brother passed away at the end of my Junior year. Before you ever try to discredit me again, I highly suggest you at least make a passing attempt to get to know me, or my background.

When you get unbanned, feel free to reply.

As for you, Brent, still waiting for your call. Glad to help, man.

goKi
10-28-2006, 06:24 PM
tried calling this morning. You should try answering.

ctrl-alt-delete
10-29-2006, 12:02 AM
I did answer, but I could not hear you. Considering I was at work and both of my bosses were there, I put my phone away thinking you would try again.

Breaker
10-29-2006, 02:22 AM
I'm going to take abunch of college legal courses, drop out, and then start up my own private practice. The Lawl Offices of Dumb & Worthless, Inc.

Beldaran
10-29-2006, 11:18 AM
On a side note, I also took AP Chemistry, AP Biology II, AP Government, AP US History, AP English IV, and AP Spanish V(which I have forgotten most of). I took every one of those classes, along with many others, all before I dropped out of high school when my brother passed away at the end of my Junior year.

If you don't mind my asking, why did you drop out? I don't see the correlation between the death of a family member and dropping out of high school.

Also, your testimony will likely be discredited in court. Most of the value in finishing your education is not to be found in the education itself, for this will vary from person to person, but in the acquisition of credentials. You might be quite intelligent and well read, but being considered as an expert witness requires credentials. Deserving credentials and not having them is the same as just not having them.

Kairyu
10-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Also, your testimony will likely be discredited in court. Most of the value in finishing your education is not to be found in the education itself, for this will vary from person to person, but in the acquisition of credentials. You might be quite intelligent and well read, but being considered as an expert witness requires credentials. Deserving credentials and not having them is the same as just not having them.

They only need to find the equation, proof, and solution once. After that, anyone with half-decent credentials who understands the thing can just present the evidence and say, "hey, here's mathematical proof that the bimbo was lying," even if they didn't orignally come up with it.

Beldaran
10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
After that, anyone with half-decent credentials who understands the thing can just present the evidence and say, "hey, here's mathematical proof that the bimbo was lying," even if they didn't orignally come up with it.

Thank you for proving my point that they need someone with credentials.

ctrl-alt-delete
10-29-2006, 12:37 PM
They only need to find the equation, proof, and solution once. After that, anyone with half-decent credentials who understands the thing can just present the evidence and say, "hey, here's mathematical proof that the bimbo was lying," even if they didn't orignally come up with it.

Right. I have no need to be there. If I can provide Brent with a simple equation, he can take it from there.

My brother commit suicide, and although most people cannot quite understand, it was incredibly hard to continue waking up when life seemed to have lost a lot of meaning.

Dechipher
10-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Right. I have no need to be there. If I can provide Brent with a simple equation, he can take it from there.

My brother commit suicide, and although most people cannot quite understand, it was incredibly hard to continue waking up when life seemed to have lost a lot of meaning.
I can understand that, actually. Probably not to the full extent, but I know how I would feel in that situation.

I too took Spanish V AP and that was last year, and I do not remember jack shit.

I know this has no bearing to the topic but what the hell right?

goKi
10-31-2006, 03:53 AM
I just got back from talking to my lawyer, and my insurance company.

Both of them are on my side 100%. My lawyer will attempt to get the traffic fine overturned in the next few days, which he assures me will most likely be in my favour.

My insurance company believe the same, and are willing to contest the damage claim at no cost to me (if i win, which they assure me i will).

Things are looking pretty awesome.

erm2003
10-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Nice work. I am glad things are starting to work out the way they should.

Beldaran
10-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Things are looking pretty awesome.

http://static.flickr.com/29/100276794_548c83c4eb_m.jpg

Excellent...

goKi
11-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Just a quick update. Looks like my lawyer couldn't overturn the traffic fine. It's probably going to go to trial. I've gotta meet with my lawyer next week, and speak about what the possible outcomes of me pressing charges could be. It doesn't sound good. Looks like i've been screwed over.

Aegix Drakan
11-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Oy...That really sucks...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out OK in the end...

ShadowTiger
11-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Sad to hear. Wishing you the best of luck, man. I hope things turn around again for you quickly.

Archibaldo
11-22-2006, 11:32 AM
On the subject of car crashes, I happened to have been in one last night. I was in my friend's car and we were driving downtown, when he tried to make a turn at the same time a car was coming right at him. It was rather suprising as I was in the back seat just playing my DS when I heard a loud bang and was jerked forward. The other guy's car looked somthing along the line of goKi's car damage wise. But my friend's car isn't looking too bad. The windshield is completely shattered and everything in the front of the hood was pushed all the way back. But no one was hurt which is a good thing, except I think every one was a little sore. Now I know why it's important to wear a seatbelt. If it wern't for the seat belt, I would have flown though the windsheild.

Sorry goKi, didn't mean to steal your thunder, I figured it would be easier to post in an existing thread.

Prrkitty
11-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Good luck goKers *kiss* and to you too Archibaldo.

Aches and pains from a car accident are usually worse a few days after the accident. Everyone involved should have gone to the ER to be checked out.

goKi
11-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Trust me, Archibaldo, i know how bad it sucks. I'm just really pissed off i'm getting screwed so badly by the law.

goKi
12-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Speaking to my lawyer on Thursday, and will know for sure whether i'll be going to court or not. Hopefully the threat of legal action is enough for her to admit that she just didn't look and failed to give way, and pay up.

Kairyu
12-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Best of luck.

Prrkitty
12-02-2006, 06:10 PM
I hope the lawyer isn't too expensive and he's worth the money you're spending on him/her.

Good luck honey...
<hug>

Pineconn
12-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Geez, the modern world has a great legal system.

I hope everything works out for you. Though I too young to drive, I know the pain of getting screwed over like that.