PDA

View Full Version : BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets

Nicholas Steel
10-24-2006, 07:10 AM
how do i beat level 5? i think i need the cane of byrnia or whatever... the one that makes blocks but ive scoured everywhere for it... WHERE IS IT??????

MottZilla
10-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Isn't that the broken/bad dump of the BS Zelda game in the style of lttp? Why the hell would you play that?

Dark Nation
10-24-2006, 12:43 PM
They've done a lot of patching and it's actually quite playable now.

MottZilla
10-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Oh wow, is it still on the bs-zelda homepage? I'll have to have a look.

Warlock
10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Heh, I remember trying to play that years ago, and you couldn't even see the ground layer of dungeons. So you had to wander around over a black screen and hope you find a door :D In fact, it may have even been a bug - I think collision was messed up too letting you walk through empty space (but you couldn't tell cuz you couldn't see anything)

Nicholas Steel
10-24-2006, 11:44 PM
its tons playable now... and im up to week 3... i was missing some stuff from week 2 tho... but hopefully whatever it was isn't needed :)... its only playable in snes9x v1.4 (not v1.5) and doesnt work in zsnes due to it not generating a sram file and as such not letting you past the name registration screen... if you load it with a sram from snes9x then zsnes will delete it for crazy reasons.

edit: found this strategy guide http://strategywiki.org/wiki/BS_Zelda:_Kodai_no_Sekiban

vegeta1215
10-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I've read a little bit about the game. Is each "week" like a separate game? Or does each new week buildon and include everything from the previous ones? (like, would I just download week 4?) Also, what emulator are you using? I prefer ZSNES over Snes9x.

MANDRAG GANON
10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Each week is like an episode, you play through the first week and after about an hour the episode ends, so you transfer your battery file to the next week so you can continue where you left off. You can play week 4 but then I think you'd have to beat 8 temples in one hour and also you would miss out on alot of the timed events in the previous weeks. Some items would no longer be obtainable.

I'm gald you posted this I never woulda known this was finally playable, i love it. I love how much they updated...Weather effects!! :o

ZTC
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I grabbed weeks 1 & 2 a while back; they've done a nice job patching and translating em.
*goes to see if weeks 3 & 4 are done yet*

and to answer your question, vegeta, I've gotten it to work with 9x, won't run for me with zsnes :shrug:

Nicholas Steel
10-25-2006, 06:15 PM
each week adds new areas to explore.. there are 8 heart pieces to find each week... and secrets from previous weeks arnt always there in later weeks... and you can just save your game via srm in snes9x 1.43 and when you load it again you will have everything you had before AND the timer resets... call it cheating if you wish :) and you can transfer your savegame forward and backwards if you want but i think going backwards from week four screws something up (cosmetic only bug) and isnt reccomended...

Limzo
10-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Can you view the insides of buildings properly now?

Nicholas Steel
10-26-2006, 07:08 AM
of course... everything is viewable perfectly except for the end transmission cut scene... there are only minor glitches like when you stand right up under stairs in a dungeon you will be under it but if you continue and walk on them you will walk on them like normal... so only small cosmetic bugs remain... but then again im not upto week 4 yet...

Orion
10-26-2006, 04:50 PM
It's good to see this works well now, it is a lot of fun. I like the random events. I kinda wish all four weeks were in one rom though like they were able to do with the original BS Zelda.