PDA

View Full Version : Screen-specific Pallettes?

Revfan9
10-22-2006, 03:56 PM
If we can have screen specific Midi's, then why can't we have screen-specific pallettes? It would make cutscenes so much easier...

Nimono
10-22-2006, 07:31 PM
....-_-; That's already been suggested. But this is deja vu- I thought I saw a thread here with the exact same substance once before...

Shoelace
10-26-2006, 12:04 AM
I think this is a good suggestion, but I also want this that hasn't been suggested:

Do you know how when you make a level dmap, you can only change csets 2,3,4, and 9. I think it would be better if you can change all of the csets somehow.

So that when you are in the night place, the sprites could be shaded darker, instead of now, where it has the background shaded and the sprites just are really bright. So, yeah, that would be a nice addition.

Limzo
10-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Using pallete cycling you can change the main pallete for a short amount of time.

Master_of_Power
10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
yes, but it just makes things look cheesy

Limzo
10-27-2006, 09:07 AM
No, you can make it so that instead of constantly switching csets, it just changes one cset for a short time.

But we are getting off topic. I REALLY REALLY want Revfan's idea.

billyronald
10-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Please add it i would like to make driffent rooms look like a driffent clouer

beefster09
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Please add it i would like to make driffent rooms look like a driffent clouer
You need a spell-checker :confused:

I don't mean to ruin anybody's dreams, but this whole idea might be a little bit of an overload. Don't expect this until after the final version this year. You can use 8-bit tiles by using the B key, and Dmap colors are enough for now. It will probably make the transition cheesy.