PDA

View Full Version : MIDI Drivers for ZC 2.10 in Windows

Executioner of Deities
10-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Apparently, ZC 2.10 has failed to recognize my MIDI driver settings...and I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell it what the MIDI driver settings are. I remember 1.91 had a setup program to help ZC figure out what those settings were, but it appears to have been left out in the windows version...:( . I get sound effects alright, and the game animates at a respectable frame rate, but no background music at all. It's kinda ghey, I was hoping someone might have a quick fix to this problem...and if not, does the DOS version still use the old MIDI/WAV configuration prog?

Revfan9
10-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Etc.->Play music and play the reset.mid that espilan made.

http://www.purezc.com/Music/?id=138&file=-RESET-.mid

Nicholas Steel
10-22-2006, 07:12 PM
do that in zquest ;)

Tacomaster22
10-25-2006, 07:03 AM
uh... it made the sound effects change. is that good?

Nicholas Steel
10-25-2006, 07:11 AM
dunno... and zc is not missing the drivers nor does the windows version need any setup proggie to find your sound...

it uses what windows detects but i think there is no control over which driver zc uses... so if you have multiple midi devices it might be using your externel midi.... and you cant change it... i think this might be fixed in the next stable build.

Tacomaster22
11-03-2006, 11:44 PM
its ok.. i reinstalled the program. maybe its something in the options of the game?

i really dont know.