PDA

View Full Version : YouTube video, with no credit.

Sir_Johnamus
10-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Here's a vidoe TMS found at #PureZC, and it looks like a ZC quest, and the author didn't give any credit.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lLEFJ1LgYlw
Look when he goes to the map. Complete with Zoom marker.
He uses midis. Rom hacks don't use midis, or different music, for that matter.
It also uses cool scrolling, a ZC only feature.

The only thing that may loosely be considered credit is the description, "Custom Zelda Quest".
Watch.

Love For Fire
10-22-2006, 12:43 AM
The Map, use of ZC exclusive (at least that I know about) features, e.g. conveyors, 20 rupee items, heart pieces. Maybe it could be the video creator's quest...

gdorf
10-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Considering ZC is built around another company's product, I think its a little hypocritical to get bent out of shape about that. :shrug:

Just nicely leave a comment inviting people to join us here at the forums. :)

ShadowTiger
10-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Or better yet, one-up them. :blah: [J/K] ...

I do sort of want to post something on YouTube though. Perhaps get up a video of something like Sabotage Dragoon, DoY, Sharon's Metroid quests, Radien's DoR, my own BoA's lost woods, ... I just have to find out how I can make a video of that. > >.

Sam Atoms
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I never realized how downright amusing it can be to watch other people play ZC quests.

Shoelace
10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
I have a youtube account especially for ZC. I haven't released anything about it because I am planning something huge for it. But yeah, I will have things from ZC on youtube soon.

Anyways, it doesn't matter if the guy doesn't give credit. If they want to play his game, they have to download the program anyways, in which, they will find out he didn't design it. lol.

Sir_Johnamus
10-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Gotcha.
I was too critical.
I will try to give a link to the forums for people to see, and try to be less critical.