PDA

View Full Version : Editing Monsters

Joe123
10-21-2006, 12:05 PM
I was looking through the Z1 tileset and i saw that there were some better looking darknut tiles next to the old ones. How do i edit monsters so that they use different tiles? Id rather not have to copy them all over on top of the old ones cause itd be time consuming and id prolly mess it up

The_Amaster
10-21-2006, 04:10 PM
And yet sadly, thats what you have to do. Unfortunatly, at thsi time there is no way to edit monsters, in stats or otherwise, so you have to copy the new graphics over the old. Just back up your quest before hand, in case you mess up. And its not so time consuming if you use, Oh, I think it's C and V keys.

LinkMaster500
10-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes that is right. The C and V keys are the shortcut keys to Copy and Paste.

Joe123
10-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I know they are, im just impatient :P

I got a bit bored of Z1 and decided to move my quest into pure. I dont like the octoroks, so i downloaded a set of sprites for some different ones. How do i put them in? :S i dont get it. As the 'new enemy tiles' rule is checked, i assume that the monsters all use the new enemy tiles a few tile pages down, but i dont really understand how they fit into the tiles and how to put in my new ones. I also wanted to change the moblins so the black and red ones are the same but different colours rather than different monsters and stuff.

Joe123
10-29-2006, 06:19 AM

The_Amaster
10-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, the simplest way is to open up the enemy tiles, hit G for grab, click file, and open the file of octoroks you downloaded, than highlight the proper tile, and hit enter. Than hit G again, and the file will already be loaded, so repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat...

Joe123
10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah but i dont know what the proper tile is ¬_¬ theres like tiles in the octoroks i downloaded for when it shoots rocks and stuff and i dunno where they are in the normal ones. Also why are there three rows of tiles for each one that all appear the same?