PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT buy Battlefield 2412 it has SPYWARE

jargon
10-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Battlefield 2142 Spyware Article (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/centipedes/battlefield-2142-with-a-dash-of-spyware-207955.php)

http://blog.phanfare.com/post-images/coffeetalk.jpg
I' M ALL VERKLEMPT.. Tawk amongst yawrselves.

Beldaran
10-18-2006, 09:29 PM
This is illegal unless they offer full refunds for people who don't accept the license. It would be like if you buy a new truck and once you pay and get in the driver seat, you find a license agreement in the glove box that says "If you start this truck's engine, you agree to allow us to cut off your penis and feed it to wild penguins." In other words, you can't just inform people of what their buying AFTER you sell it to them. That's ridiculous and illegal.

It would be like if you had to buy medicine before you were allowed to read the warning label and side effects. "Thank you for purchasing Pain-Be-Gone. Side effects include anal ruptures and brain anuerisms. No refunds."

Breaker
10-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Uh.. I never had any intention of ever buying it. I have downloaded, installed, and played it though and it's a pretty neat game. No spyware either... =/

AtmaWeapon
10-18-2006, 11:25 PM
In the bleak, post-ice age future, battles will be won and lost under the watchful eye of Dodge Ram billboards. Citizens will worship the signs as gods and a link to a past they can never return to.

ZTC
10-19-2006, 10:03 AM
lol

It sucks that you can't get past ads anywhere anymore. Video games are the final frontier of sorts. You pay $10 for a movie ticket and watch ads in the beginning (not to mention ad placement in the movive). You buy the DVD and get unskippable ads in the beginning. Cable TV, sattelite radio... all things you pay good money for but somehow that's not enough. I feel like any screen I look at now has been sold out for ad time. Soon it's be like the movie Brazil with huge walls along the freeway blocking your view except for continous ads fore miles and mils.
It really bugs me to have to watch those damn adds at the start of the DVDs =/
On another note, EA really sucks.

MottZilla
10-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Watch out about downloading EA games. They've been contacting people's ISPs lately.

ZTC
10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Watch out about downloading EA games. They've been contacting people's ISPs lately.

I remember reading that they've tried to get after The Pirate Bay some time ago.

(response to an email from EA)
Hello and thank you for contacting us. We have shut down the website in
question.

Oh wait, just kidding. We haven't, since the site in question is fully
legal. Unlike certain other countries, such as the one you're in, we have
sane copyright laws here. But we also have polar bears roaming the
streets and attacking people :-(.

Please don't sue us right now, our lawyer is passed out in an alley from
too much moonshine, so please atleast wait until he's found and doesn't
have a huge hangover...

but then again, that's because they're based in a different country with different copyright laws (lol)

mikeron
10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Watch out about downloading EA games. They've been contacting people's ISPs lately.Run Peer Guardian and cross your fingers?

Cloral
10-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Turns out this isn't true:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=11300

It does monitor what you do in game and what ads you look at, but all games that have Massive advertising do this.