PDA

View Full Version : IGN Officially Out of News

Warlock
10-17-2006, 11:29 PM
http://tv.ign.com/articles/739/739877p1.html

"ZOMG TWO VIDEOG AMES WERE ON TV WE MUST DO SOEM NEWS ABOT IT!!1111"

I swear they have been posting pointless fluff pieces like this like crazy lately. I mean, World of WarCraft is on South Park, ok, you say "Hey look, this is cool!". But they've already done this. Why the extra filler article? Two games is not an "epidemic of tv shows showing video games". It's a slow news day.

Honestly, IGN TV is about the sorriest excuse for a website I've ever seen, and I'm not just talking about this. All of their reviews are completely biased, most resting on what "they wish" would have happened rather than what did (ex: every Office review *must* reference "how desperately Jim & Pam need to get back together"). *sigh*, really it's sad but their whole site is becoming the same way. Movies especially - they'll say like "OMG Exciting Back to the Future Sequel News!!!!!!!" and then the article will be some guy talking to Christopher Lloyd on the red carpet and him saying "You know, I havn't heard anything about it". It's just so sad.

Aegix Drakan
10-18-2006, 08:02 AM
I haven't trusted IGN since I read this in one of their reviews about Shadow the Hedgehog:

"the controls are horrible! Shadow slides around like he's not even making contact with the ground!"

Well, I got news for them, HE ISN'T touching the ground! he's got HOVER SHOES! Everyone should know that by now!

so...yeah, as they say on GameFAQS: "you can't spell Ignorant without IGN"

Warlock
10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
I haven't trusted IGN since I read this in one of their reviews about Shadow the Hedgehog:

Well, I got news for them, HE ISN'T touching the ground! he's got HOVER SHOES! Everyone should know that by now!

so...yeah, as they say on GameFAQS: "you can't spell Ignorant without IGN"

Yes, see this is exactly what they do. They will pick some stupid, pointless aspect of what they are reviewing, blow it up as if it was the whole thing, and then downgrade the review.

The only channel where I've ever trusted the *scores* are the pocket/DS channels. Craig is usually ok in that regard. The other ones are riddled with horrible scores for Mario Kart: Double Dash, while crap like StarFox Adventures get 9.8s and other nonsense. I'll still sometimes *read* their reviews, because I can usually at least get a sense for the game from that and make up my own opinion, but ya, never trust their scores ever.

And BTW, I've never played that game and even I realize that. You have to kind of be a moron to not figure that if he isn't walking on the ground, it's probably intentional. Sega is not so inept that they can't even properly animate their games.

mrz84
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM
I never cared for IGN at any point in time really. Still, it's funny how they are desperate at times to justify their existence. Meh...

gdorf
10-19-2006, 04:14 PM
For a moment I thought your title implied they were getting out of the news business.

It must have been that damn "power of positive thinking" because for a moment I felt a little better about this world. :P

Darth Marsden
10-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Wait... South Park has started again?

biggiy05
10-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Wait... South Park has started again?

Yeah where have you been?

Darth Marsden
10-29-2006, 06:35 AM
At work.

Your avatar is rather appropiate at the moment.