PDA

View Full Version : a zelda question...

Michaelk88
10-16-2006, 06:21 PM
In wind waker, they seal the master sword with a big statue of link until link completes the puzzle. The purpose of that to my understanding is to keep it out of reach of Ganon. The master sword is susposed to repel evil. Now WHAT is he (ganon) going to do with a master sword that repels evil, go emo?

Modus Ponens
10-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, the advantage to hiding it the way they did isn't just to keep it from Ganon, but also to keep it from some drunk idiot who might steal it and use it to slice watermelons before accidentally dropping it in the ocean.

Saffith
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
I imagine Ganon would try to destroy it, or at least stick it somewhere inaccessible, making it much harder, if not impossible, to defeat him.

vegeta1215
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
I imagine Ganon would try to destroy it, or at least stick it somewhere inaccessible, making it much harder, if not impossible, to defeat him.

Exactly. Really though, he's not looking for the Master Sword in Wind Waker per say, but Princess Zelda.

Beldaran
10-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, the advantage to hiding it the way they did isn't just to keep it from Ganon, but also to keep it from some drunk idiot who might steal it and use it to slice watermelons before accidentally dropping it in the ocean.

Like Wolfgang.

Modus Ponens
10-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Like Wolfgang.

....Ahbingo.

Nicholas Steel
10-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Exactly. Really though, he's not looking for the Master Sword in Wind Waker per say, but Princess Zelda.

uh how does he move it? as far as i can see he cant stop the true hero from obtaining it as that would just make the sword worthless and a waste of time for making it...

ganon cant move it with magic (his magic is evil)... he cant touch it (he is evil)... and ganon cant use it (he has no good in him... or does he?)...

vegeta1215
10-17-2006, 12:55 PM
uh how does he move it? as far as i can see he cant stop the true hero from obtaining it as that would just make the sword worthless and a waste of time for making it...

ganon cant move it with magic (his magic is evil)... he cant touch it (he is evil)... and ganon cant use it (he has no good in him... or does he?)...

Link already had the Master Sword by the time Ganon came to the palace to find Zelda. Link broke the seal of the secret chamber, so getting in was no problem for Ganon after that.

AtmaWeapon
10-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah I always thought that was pretty stupid; the chamber was inaccessible to Ganondorf because of the magic seal. Link breaks the seal and now the chamber is no longer safe. Sounds like the perfect place to hide right guys?

Tygore
10-17-2006, 01:55 PM
I get the impression from the Zelda games that the magic seals aren't permanent, always weakening. That's why Ganon breaks out every so often. What's interesting is that in The Wind Waker, the seal isn't completely broken yet, but Link finishes it off by grabbing the Master Sword. It's like, "Yeah, we could have prepared for this better... oops."

Grasshopper
10-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Its one of those "Do not use if seal is broken" swords.

Kingboo30
10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Why doesn't Link just kill Ganon instead of always sealing him away? That's the real question.

biggiy05
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Why doesn't Link just kill Ganon instead of always sealing him away? That's the real question.

Then there goes the series of games. Seal him away and he comes back later for more.

Kairyu
10-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Because he's immortal. That's what he wished for with the Triforce. Immortality.
Of course, he might not have made that wish if he'd known at the time that he would spend his immortality getting his butt kicked by a little elf kid every few centuries or so.

Mak-X
10-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Ganon was killed in the original Legend of Zelda 1, and in A Link to the Past. Ganon's sealing in Ocarina of Time was already tied to A Link to the Past's backstory, and yeah, there has to be other ways to keep the series boss around. In Oracles, he is resurrected, and in Four Sword Adventures, he's reincarnated.

Modus Ponens
10-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Its one of those "Do not use if seal is broken" swords.

It should be a "do not use unless seal is broken" sword.

Grasshopper
10-18-2006, 04:36 PM
But then it loses it's freshness and will spoil if left unrefrigerated.:googly: