PDA

View Full Version : How many demo's should i have?

bluedeath
10-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Vote how many demo's of T.t.T should i have

Pineconn
10-15-2006, 02:24 PM
I say two, tops. You don't want to spoil the game, and you definitely don't want to focus on demos more than the game itself.

bluedeath
10-15-2006, 03:18 PM
ok your right about that

Brasel
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I think none publically. I haven't released a quest in awhile, and I didn't release any demos for years and just brought it out one day out of the blue. It was quite a suprise and lots of people played it, but it was buggy as hell. I say release a demo to people who can beta test it for you, and if you release a public demo, make one and make it short, but sweet. It'll get people excited about the game without giving anything away. You don't want to release a ton of demos so by the time you finally release it, people feel as if they've played it before and get bored with it early on and never finish.

I say one.

Rulehy
10-15-2006, 07:01 PM
My vote is 2. Lol, I got a little carried away with demos on my quest, adn I guess thats because this was my first forum and didn't know "how much" to put. Thats my, [oh my] 3 cents [oh my]

bluedeath
10-16-2006, 08:20 PM
well i will make 3 but it will be same as number 2, but with bug fixes is that fine with you guys?

Love For Fire
10-16-2006, 09:34 PM
0 should be an option.

Demos are nice, but it is better to go into a game fresh not knowing what to expect. Playing through sections beforehand, you get a feel of what it's gonna be like.

Dlbrooks33
10-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I think none publically. I haven't released a quest in awhile, and I didn't release any demos for years and just brought it out one day out of the blue. It was quite a suprise and lots of people played it, but it was buggy as hell. I say release a demo to people who can beta test it for you, and if you release a public demo, make one and make it short, but sweet. It'll get people excited about the game without giving anything away. You don't want to release a ton of demos so by the time you finally release it, people feel as if they've played it before and get bored with it early on and never finish.

I say one.
So thats #2 of why no one is interested in Hero of teh Past :(
#1 is that it uses a ZC beta. I voted for 2.

WindStrike
10-20-2006, 07:59 PM
The number of demos you should have, or rather, if you do want to release at least one demo, is primarily dependant on how large your quest will be. Like my quest... even though it's my first... is going to be very large - first time through, you'll probably be playing it 20 hours just to beat the game... and that's without getting every single heart piece, magic container, etc. Though my quest is only through level 1 out of... a lot of levels... oh well.

Anyways, if your quest is like... 3 levels + the final level, definitely don't go any more than one demo. Update the demo when you make edits and bug fixes, but it would only be centered still on... at the most, through level 1.
Ok... if your quest is about the standard sized... or in other words, about the size and length of the original quest, then I wouldn't do more than 2 demos.
Large quests: 5-10 hours on first play-through... I'd still keep with 2 demos there.
Epics: 15+ hours... 2-3 demos would be good. One demo would make others forget it and others wanting to kill you to make more... if it's that good.

bluedeath
10-21-2006, 12:31 PM
0 should be an option.

well i didn't have 0 as an option because i already posted a demo before i used this thread