PDA

View Full Version : Longest October Ever!!

zoraking
10-15-2006, 12:48 AM
October 31, 2006. Some view it only as Halloween. A few view it as Final Fantasy XII's release date. This has been the longest month ever. Because I have rotted my brain away with videogames, constantly I am thinking about it; I have tried anything to keep my mind off of it. I've started playing some of the older FFs to spend my time when I should be doing a Chemistry project. I've tried sleeping, mowing, watching TV, anything to keep my mind off of it.

Maybe it's only a psychological thing. In September I was mentally stable. Maybe if it was released on November 1, 2006, I wouldn't feel so much that it was here, but not here yet. It's that damn word: OCTOBER!

AtmaWeapon
10-15-2006, 01:23 AM
I do believe if you buy about 10 science fiction DVDs from the bargain bin at Wal-Mart and hold a controller while you watch them by swapping DVDs every hour you'll get a good preparation for the experience.

MottZilla
10-15-2006, 01:23 AM
It's already on the internet. Bootleg it and get it over with man.

zoraking
10-15-2006, 07:48 AM
I would, but I do not have a modified PS2. Plus, I have already made the $5 deposit. I'm such I penny-pincher.

goKi
10-15-2006, 08:15 AM
A true penny pincher would not spend the other $45.

Masamune
10-15-2006, 11:11 AM
It's actually really fun. It doesn't feel like Final Fantasy though. But it's fun anyway. They scrapped random battles and the old battle system and went for more of a .hack// feel I think. That's the only game I can really think of that it relates to.

Very fun. I haven't played it in a couple days though.

Breaker
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
It's from the same people that made Vagrant Story, which is quite possibly the best RPG ever made. Not only that, but new episodes of House start on the 31st too.

Masamune
10-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Also the new Deftones album "Saturday Night Wrist" comes out on 10/31. I'm extremely excited about it. :)

Cloral
10-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I played the demo that came with DQ8, and I can't say that I enjoyed it very much. That coupled with the long delays has made me lose interest in the whole thing. It looks like this is the first FF game other than 11 (which I don't count because it was an MMO) that I won't really play.

Aegix Drakan
10-16-2006, 02:17 PM
It's been a long october for me too.

I've been waiting for Contact (DS) to be released for over three/four months. They set it for september 17th (from august 20th). On the 10th of September, they bumped it to October 10. Then, on the 7th, they move it to the 17th. Today (the 16th) they bump it to the 19th.

-_- It's really getting on my nerves...I get so close I can almost touch it...and it runs away again...

MottZilla
10-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Nothing I want comes out in October, I'm waiting for it to be over and done with and get November in here for Gears of War and Wii.

vegeta1215
10-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I've been waiting for Contact (DS) to be released for over three/four months. They set it for september 17th (from august 20th). On the 10th of September, they bumped it to October 10. Then, on the 7th, they move it to the 17th. Today (the 16th) they bump it to the 19th.

If you pick up Contact, be sure to post about it. It looks like a neat game, but the reviews I've read for it so far have not be very kind.

Aegix Drakan
10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
If you pick up Contact, be sure to post about it. It looks like a neat game, but the reviews I've read for it so far have not be very kind.

;) Will do, boss!

Orion
10-16-2006, 11:45 PM
You know, I'm not so sure about this game. In a way I'm kind of excited for it, but then, FFX and XI really didn't do it for me. Neither did X-2 or any of these new spinoffs. So I dunno, is this as good as say, FF9?

Dechipher
10-17-2006, 12:10 AM
FF9 was what a Final Fantasy should be, in my opinion.

mrz84
10-17-2006, 06:20 PM
I couldn't care less about hte time passing by in October. I've got plenty to occupy my time (my job, Disgaea 2, Dragon Quest VIII, etc... ) But FF XII is something I'd like to get in the near future... :kawaii:

AtmaWeapon
10-17-2006, 09:35 PM
FF9 was what a Final Fantasy should be, in my opinion.You know I have mixed feelings about this one and it is a serious problem to my "Final Fantasy past VI doesn't matter" theory.

See, I loved the story and it is the first one past VI where I actually cared about at least one of the characters and their lives. It had a pretty decent battle system in that I didn't always have to watch every animation for every spell play out.

On the other hand, it contains all of the elements that I have grown to hate about modern RPGs: Minigames as plot elements Minigames as source of ultimate equipment Strategies that lead to ridiculously hard-to-defeat player parties. High-level equipment that can be missed and is unable to be retrievedOn top of these problems, the game was the easiest FF I have ever played; the only time I ever power-leveled it was only a secondary objective to getting Zidane's theivery or whatever to do 9999 damage. Until then I only lost to a boss once and it was only due to hubris making me delay a healing cycle and an unexpected high-damage-to-all-party attack.

So I'm torn between the fact that I loved the game's characters and storyline and the fact that I feel like the story is stuck in a bad game. :/

Warlock
10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
October's great, or at least the end of October.

-Final Fantasy 12 (Oct 31)
-Children of Mana (Oct 30)
-Magical Starsign (Oct 24) (savin' this one for Christmas though - fyi if you don't know, it's made by the original creators of the SNES Secret of Mana)
-Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (Oct 24)

Plus World of WarCraft: The Trading Card Game comes out this month (yay - Oct 25th) and there are even a few decent DVDs comin out. So yay.

But I'm even more pysched for November and Wii. I've got 3 vacation days that I need to use up by the end of the year (can only carry over 5 days) so I'm gonna take them Nov 20th - 22nd, then I get the 23rd and 24th off for Thanksgiving (and day after Thanksgiving) anyways. w00t! Will be a full five day week off plus two weekends to play Wii :D