PDA

View Full Version : Psp

Brasel
10-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I just broke down and got a PSP with Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. I'm really enjoying the game and the system so far. I traded one of my DS's in with a lot of games, so I only spent like 40 bucks on the PSP itself. Also, the store I went to was having a drawing for a free PS3, and how ever many games you trade in, thats how many chances you get to win. Since I traded 14 games in, I've got 14 chances to win. I'm really hoping I do, since I have no plans on dropping 600 bucks on a PS3.

Anyone have any good game suggestions for the PSP?

MottZilla
10-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Mega Man Powered Up, and the sequels to MMMX and MMPU which should come out eventually. Other than that, I can't really name any great PSP titles. There are plenty of good titles though. Also if your into emulators, you might try that out.

MANDRAG GANON
10-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Ok did you trade in 14 DS games?
Because if you traded in a DS and 14 games for $160ish you got Royally Gyped.
Even if they weren't DS games you got pretty gyped. You should have got around $300 bucks for that. (which is still lame)

Unless each game went to a stricktly to a ballot to win a PS3 which means you payed $15 bucks roughly per ballot. So you already payed $210 towards a PS3 so you certainly hope you get that PS3 or that PS3 is gonna be $800 dollars lol. Rip off.

Unless you got money back on each game as well than its not too bad. (still a rip)

LoL you must have gone to EB for sure and done one of those, give us 5 games and we'll give you one deals :rolleyes:.

As for good games, any good game I've played on the PSP has been a game you can also play on a PS2 or atleast an incarnation of it. Monster Hunter was good, Lego Starwars 2 was good... er... yeah I can't think of anything else right now

AtmaWeapon
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Trade in the PSP for a DS and some games that's my recommendation :)

MottZilla
10-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Maybe you guys should re-read his post. He traded in "one" of his DS systems. He still has a DS and the games he wanted to keep.

MANDRAG GANON
10-14-2006, 05:38 PM
LoL I read his post fine, I know he still had a DS and no where did I even hint toward the fact that I didn't.

That doesnt change the fact that anyway I look at it he got ripped off.

AtmaWeapon
10-14-2006, 05:43 PM
I read his post as well and figured I'd tell him a strategy that left him with the maximum potential to have fun.

Modus Ponens
10-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Lumines is a really fun puzzle game. Do get that. Also, Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade is a cool, Diablo-esque RPG. Mercury is another pretty neat puzzle game. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim is a ton of fun for the PS2, so I can't imagine that its PSP port wouldn't also kick ass.

Regrettably, Me and My Katamari isn't quite on par with the other two games in the series, and it has a lot to do with the controls being a bit harder to master (and that the original creator didn't have anything to do with it).

Also, Mottzilla's suggestion to use emulators is a great one.

Orion
10-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Katamari isn't as good as the console versions, but it still is pretty fun. And if you like that, you'll like LocoRoco.

MottZilla
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I was just saying, he's interested in things for PSP, he already has DS covered. So why bother mentioning it. And Mandrag, while I agree alot of the stuff for PSP exists for PS2, there are some that don't, again the only ones I can mention are the Mega Man games.

Brasel
10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I was just saying, he's interested in things for PSP, he already has DS covered. So why bother mentioning it. And Mandrag, while I agree alot of the stuff for PSP exists for PS2, there are some that don't, again the only ones I can mention are the Mega Man games.

Thank you, Mott.

Most of the games I traded in were crap GBA titles like Batman Begins...I got those off a guy in Iraq that didn't want his DS anymore. I bought everything I traded in off that guy for like, 50 bucks. I could have gotten more off of EBay, but I don't like waiting.

Plus, for any of you not in the know, the FF7 prequel is coming out for PSP as well as the sequal to Snake Eater. Those two were enough to warrant anyone who is a fan of either of those series to buy a PSP if they have the money.

I've still got my DS, so I'll still be able to play the games I want for that when I have the money to spend. I mean, I can't miss FF3j or the Advance releases of FF5 or FF6 right?

http://psp.ign.com/objects/711/711340.html <==Crisis Core
http://psp.ign.com/objects/783/783630.html <==Portable Ops

Drunken Tiger
10-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Its pretty easy, but the re-playablility is great. Im stuck on teh last level though.