PDA

View Full Version : One Time Monsters

Joe123
10-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Is there any way I can make some monsters only appear once? i have a room with two red darknuts in, and there a bit difficult to beat as you only have four hearts, but you have to go past them to go further into the dungeon. Is there a way I can make them only appear once?

Dlbrooks33
10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I think if you have the Temporary Return disabled rule checked...

Joe123
10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
eh? :S wheres this?

WindStrike
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Umm... there is no 'Temporary Return disabled' rule. However, there is a boss flag under Data --> Enemy Flags (F12). This can also be accessed under Data --> Enemies. The only problem with this is that you can only have one working boss flag for each dungeon, or in other words, one boss flag per dmap. So, if you want to have another area with enemies (probably the boss) that only appear once, then create a second dmap for the dungeon, and make sure you connect the dmaps via sidewarp (scrolling warp, I think).

Note: The following assumes you have version 2.11 (which you can here (beta 13): http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=93552, and here (beta 14): http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=93795, and yes, both are required, so get beta 13 first and then beta 14) and the way to continue after destroying the two red darknuts is through a shutter.
Alternatively, you can also go to Data --> Screen Data (F9) --> Screen Flags 1. Check the 'Enemies --> Secret' flag. Then go to the S. Data 1 tab. At the bottom-right area, there should be a no reset column for doors of N, S, E, and W. Depending on the direction you go after you kill the darknuts is the direction you check. This way will save you a dmap and doing a side warp, BUT, the darknuts will still reappear. Pretty much, you only kill them the first time around to open the shutter. At the remaining times, the door should remain open.

Those are the two ways I can think of. If you have problems, just ask.

Dlbrooks33
10-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Umm... there is no 'Temporary Return disabled' rule
I meant Temporary No Return Disabled and it is a reule I just checked.

Joe123
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh right, thanks. If i put the dungeon boss thing and the enemies always return rule on the boss room, which will be dominant? cause i want it so the boss only appears once obviously, but i dont want it to be gone if you damage it and then die and reenter, which seems to have been happening