PDA

View Full Version : "Stairs" for Sidescrolling areas.

ShadowTiger
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
An odd little script. I'm not expecting much really, not that people can't creative enough to come up with the script.

Basically, it's a script where as you walk right, you also walk up at the same time, so you're walking diagonally. Think "Early Castlevania Games." You come upon a set of stairs, and walk upward. You can't do much else besides walk up/right or down/left. Thus, I'm not sure if seperate scripts would be required for stairs going left and stairs going right, (You do the imagery-work. They're two-dimentional stairs. :p )

I suppose it's better than having to use a single jump to jump over a little 1x1 block. :shrug: So I'm not actually "REQUESTING" one, ... but I'm throwing the idea out there.

I'm thinking of ways to actually set the script into motion once it's made. For example, you could have a combo type detected for, and when you're on that combo type, if you move left, Link's y position is incremented by one for each x value that you increment on your own, and the opposite is true. A different combo type would be used to detect for opposite movements.

A combo type would be, like, .. a fully walkable grave combo. :shrug: there's nothing to push against to trigger the ghost to come out.