PDA

View Full Version : New items

TheBestGamer
10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm making my first quest, so can someone give me descriptions of the items that were not in the original game? Such as the hammer, hookshot, etc. I need to know what they do and what they're good for.

_L_
10-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Hammer - from LttP. As strong as the Magic Sword. Can break through the Darknut's defenses.
Hookshot - from LttP. It shoots a grappling hook which can latch onto blocks and pull Link toward them.
Lens of Truth - from OoT. Drains magic power to reveal secrets in the room.
Fire Boomerang - from BS Zelda. Can damage powerful enemies.
Din's Fire - from OoT. A burst of divine fire strikes down in a wide ring.
Farore's Wind - from OoT. Link teleports to the starting room of the DMap.
Nayru's Love - from OoT. A crystal of light covers Link, preventing him from losing hearts for a time.
Super Bomb - from LttP. Unless you want to make an big boom-boom, do not use!
Long Bow - from nowhere. Arrows travel faster.
Mirror Shield - from LttP. Wizzrobe spells and Zora's fireballs are sent right back at the enemies.
Master Sword - from LttP. Eight times as powerful as the wooden sword. Do not use until maybe the very end.
Golden Arrow - from nowhere. This arrow is imbued with the Golden Power, and is as strong as the Master Sword.
Golden Ring - from nowhere. This ring is imbued with the Golden Power, and divides all damage received by 8.

Also, a few enemies:

Darknut (Death Knight) - DO NOT USE.
Patra 3 - DO NOT USE.
Magic Octorock - DO NOT USE (unless Link has the Mirror Shield).
Wizzrobe (Mirror) - DO NOT USE (unless Link has the Mirror Shield).
Stalfos 3 - Do not use more than 1 or 2 per room.
Bat - This is not what you think it is! Use Keese instead.
Gohma 3 - requires the Silver Arrow.
Gohma 4 - requires the Golden Arrow.

TheBestGamer
10-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks, that really helps. One question, though. Why shouldn't I use the Death Knight or Patra 3?

LinkMaster500
10-10-2006, 12:15 AM
The Patra 2 includes a inner ring of Patra babies in addition to the outer ring that we see in regular Zelda. You have to kill the outer ring, then the inner ring, then the Patra itself. The Patra 3 works just like the Patra 2, but it also shoots lots of fireballs (I think). You could use them, but don't put 10 in one screen. You could use one as a boss for a later level (maybe Level 8).

The Death Knight moves very fast and shots swords at you. If Link gets hit by one of these swords with no ring, he will lose 16 hearts which equals a loss of two hearts with the Golden Ring. You could use these guys (and I've beaten a couple quests that use them), just don't put a bunch of them on one screen (maybe two or three at the most). And if you do use them, only put them close to the end of the game. I found out that with the Wooden Sword, you have to hit them 30 times to defeat them.

The Bats are just more powerful versions of Keese. They are faster and require more hits to kill.