PDA

View Full Version : EB games and Gamestop employees are buying all their PS3s.

Kingboo30
10-09-2006, 02:35 PM
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/eb-games/eb-employee-were-buying-all-our-ps3s-206183.php

My in-laws are in town from Australia and we decided to take them to the mall over the weekend. While they were traipsing about the shops I bee-lined it to EBGames to hit up the staff for Wii and PS3 info.

I'm always shocked at how blatantly obnoxious some of those guys can be. When I asked them about Playstation 3s, the manager on duty told me that every store in the chain is getting about four or five each, which means they aren't getting any. I asked him to explain and he said, while literally rubbing his hands together, "They're letting employees buy PS3s, so there won't be any left." I asked if they have to stand in line and he said no, the second we open we'll just buy them up. He did say that they can only buy one each, but I'm guessing most stories have at least five employees smart enough to know how to use Ebay.

He said that the stores are supposed to be getting about 50 Wii each. In general he seemed to be dismissing the PS3 and telling me that the Wii was the way to go.

Want a PS3? eBay is the way to go, get a job at Gamestop or simply, too bad. It's going to be obvious Gamestop are going to sell their PS3s at very high prices if this happens or that Gamestop is trying to support Sony. I don't know but either way, Sony is in a very deep hole right now. Barely any units and Gamestop is going to buy them all and sell them on eBay most likely.

Grasshopper
10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Pah, this is news to me. I have a job there, and its nothing like that.

Our manager went to a Gamestop/EB Manager Conference last week. Our manager has said that the company has yet to announce when the pre-order date is set, whether employees can even reserve the system themselves, or how many, if any at all each store is getting. So take this news lightly, because I know nothing of this.

Executioner of Deities
10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Bunch of communists! How can you let employees clean the store out of an entire inventory? I hope your right grasshopper, I'll be thoroughly pissed if I go to gamestop after the PS3 release and find out all the employees cleaned them out.

Cloral
10-09-2006, 05:06 PM
The guy at my local EB said that there was probably going to be no preordering on the PS3, that it would be 'first come, first serve'. But since I'm not getting one (at least not in the forseeable future), I really didn't care much.

AtmaWeapon
10-09-2006, 07:18 PM
If you really want it the wisest thing to do would be to wait a month or so. You'll lose some e-peen points but you can download Opera and use it to browse sourceforge and slashdot for a few days to get them back (there's a 2x multiplier if you do it on a Mac).

zoraking
10-15-2006, 12:36 AM
i find that hard to believe. If it's true, go to Target.