PDA

View Full Version : The Departed

Matteo
10-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I went to see The Departed today. I don't really want to give anything away, all I can say is that it was magnificent. I couldn't believe how good it was, it exceeded all of my expectations. Do yourself a favor and go out and see it, its worth it.

Yes, I know the original (Internal Affairs) is great as well, but a remake can still be great (see Magnificent Seven). Probably the best movie I've seen this year, except maybe Brick.

Anyone else who saw it or plans on seeing it?

Breaker
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I saw it as well and walked away feeling the same way. It was awesome.

Rainman
10-07-2006, 10:51 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0407887/

Looks interesting.

Matteo
10-08-2006, 11:13 AM
I went to a 3 o'clock matinee and the theater was packed. Not only was it packed, it was packed with mostly late middle-aged and the elderly. This impressed me, as I haven't been to a movie theater in as long as I can remember that was so full of "old" people. I can't tell you how refreshing it was being in the theater and not having a bunch of little middle school kids carrying on and making a racket. This movie has an extremely wide audience range and I think it will do well at the box office. I might go see it again tomorrow. I feel like I missed things the first time through, and am dying to pick up on things that I missed.

On another note, saw a preview in the theater for "300", a Frank Miller inspired tale about ancient Sparta (Greece). Looks great...