PDA

View Full Version : Please!!! Pallette Bug!

mirror_shield33
10-06-2006, 11:48 PM
I always find when I load up anything related to ZC or Zquest, it inevitably turns the border pink, the text dark red, and a lot of stuff generally funky in terms of color. PLEASE! Whoever the ZC makers are, please fix this! It's driving me up the wall.

Questwizard88
10-07-2006, 12:04 AM
I have the same problem occasionally, and I'm not sure of exactly what causes it other than closing another program in the background using shortcut keys (yes, I closed Winamp once with my remote using a shortcut, and yes, it turned my palette into the one from the skin pics), etc, or just a bad startup, which does happen every once in a while. If in ZQuest, I can give one tip: DO NOT save the quest. Exit, and try again, otherwise, it WILL save that palette, and it seems to hit EVERY palette from 00-FF when it did it to me before. This has been around ever since the GUI change as far as I know.

mirror_shield33
10-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Hmm... I'll try that.

Addition: Nope. Still doesn't work.

redmage777
10-07-2006, 11:15 PM
I've had simalar problems, and actually tried to fix the colors... It was then that I discover that the color Data is still intact, It's just ZQuest isn't displaying the colors right. Some times swapping the pallette works, and sometimes the best bet is to restart ZQuest. Even in the Data is still intact, I still don't recomend saving when this happens.

I would have reported this a while back, I coulden't figure out what causes it.

Freedom
08-23-2007, 09:21 PM
AVG does this, When I turn it off, it never happens, when I leave it on it happens daily several times.
In the game I can click the mouse on the screen and fix it, but in Zquest I have to exit.

I'll bump this up to see what the Devs think about a solution.

erm2003
08-24-2007, 12:27 AM
I have still seen this happen a lot, but I just keep on minimizing then maximizing the program until it resets. It's a minor nuisance but it doesn't cause any major problems as far as I can tell.

DarkDragon
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
It's an Allegro bug. DN and I tried a *long* while back to track it down, with no success. It seems to happen on some computers, and not on others; you may also try running in Windowed mode, as that seems to fix many Allegro problems.

Freedom
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Do you have AVG anti virus running?

Freedom
08-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Ok, I'll move it into bugs in limbo. ;)

erm2003
08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
I use other anti-virus programs, but currently not AVG. I could just use windowed mode to avoid it but when playing I like to use full screen more. Again, not a major problem so hopefully that will eventually be taken care of.

Majora
08-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Exiting ZQuest is not necessary. All you need to do is switch from windowed to full-screen (and then switch to whatever you prefer) That more or less "resets" ZQuest in the sense that it refreshes all the colors to what they are supposed to look like, when ZQuests adjusts to the new resolution.