PDA

View Full Version : Custom Games

Puzidman
10-06-2006, 03:19 PM
How do I play games that people on this website have made?

LinkMaster500
10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Presuming that you are referring to Zelda Classic quests, here is what you do after you download the quests and ZC itself.

1. You may need to unzip the file to your computer as most (if not all) quests are downloaded as ZIP archives. You can use WinZip or just the compression utility in Windows itself or whatever you have. The file that contains the actual content of the quest will have a .QST extension.

2. Open Zelda Classic. After you see the screen with the flames, press Enter to get to the title screen, then enter again. You will be at the quest registration screen that you see in the original Legend of Zelda.

3. Register a name--just like the original Zelda.
4. Press Enter.
5. Move the cursor to the name you just registered.
6. Press the Left ALT key. This is the default "A" button. Then press this key again.

7. Click "Browse."
8. Go to wherever the QST file is for that quest, click on that quest, and click OK.
9. Press Enter to begin the quest. (Note: If you get an error message instead, then click anywhere within the registration screen, to bring up the menu. Then go to Misc., then Quest Dir., then go to the directory where the quest is. I think the default directory is C:\Program Files\ZC or something like that).

If you are still having trouble, then check the FAQs or the sticky threads on the forums as they also have the instructions.

Puzidman
10-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Okay, thanks it works, but every time I save and get off, I can't get back on it again. It saves my file, I just can't get back on. What's wrong?:confused:

*b*
10-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Does it give you some sort of error message?

Puzidman
10-07-2006, 07:33 PM
yes, it does. Do you know how to fix it?

LinkMaster500
10-07-2006, 08:50 PM
When you go to Misc --> Quest Dir., is the quest directory set to the directory on your hard disk where your quest files are located?

Puzidman
10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Yay! Thanks. That worked:D