PDA

View Full Version : Jump

vitocho
10-04-2006, 05:50 PM
link can jump in zelda classic?

vitocho
10-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I posted this because in the link sprites there are squares where theres nothing and abovr says jump

Plissken
10-04-2006, 06:48 PM
No. To put it simply. One person I think scripted a tile and made it so that when you hit it you "jump above" certain layers. But you can not just hit a button and make him jump.

Darth Pikachu
10-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Maybe someday, when we have an enemy editor, and many, many more things, will Link be able to jump. Try back around 2021. :D LOL

Plissken
10-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Actually _L_ has gotten it to the point with FFCs you can jump by pressing B IN A SIDE VIEW. So are with that REAL Mario and Metroid games are possible. Pretty soon I'll bet they'll get the script of jumping in an overworld type situation (like overhead) onto an item and whaddya know? We have Rocs Feather. But first they have to be able to jump while overhead and not just by jumping tiles. Something that I think they'll make at least with the final version of 2.11. You can try out the jumping mini quest things with many more FFCs in the Scripting Showcase forums. All of them are by _L_ so far :tongue: . He's really showing off what this new ZC can do.

*b*
10-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Plissken, they've allready added a code for overworld jumping, so once custom items are fully implimented, the Roc's Feather will be doable

Plissken
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Really? Well thats great then. I thought they only had side view. Well thank you for correcting me.

LinkMaster500
10-04-2006, 11:20 PM
You can use insta-warps to sort of simulate jumping (such as Link jumping off a cliff). You could also use the Raft paths to simulate this.

But has the Roc's Feather been implemented yet? Not right now, but certainly, it could be something to come in a future version of ZC.