PDA

View Full Version : Four New Buttons

bigjoe
10-02-2006, 10:11 PM
C, X, Y , and Z. These buttons would be used purely for scripting purposes.

Thoughts?

_L_
10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Why not call them C, D, E and F?

bigjoe
10-02-2006, 10:42 PM
well, I guess it doesnt matter what theyre called. It would just be nice to add extra functions to the game via new buttons.

beefster09
10-02-2006, 10:52 PM
C, X, Y , and Z. These buttons would be used purely for scripting purposes.

Thoughts?

Yes.

ShadowTiger
10-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I was just about to suggest this today. o.o (And yesterday, and the day before that, ... ... )

Right now, I don't want to use "B" to jump, because I like to be able to use the B items. Thus, I scripted it to "R" instead. Now I can only scroll left through my items. Then I scripted "L" to emit a nice little save Zelda theme wav, just for kicks. (Okay, well, ... not really. :sweat: Heh.) So other scriptable buttons would be nice.

There could even be a little box (Labelled "?") next to each of the buttons that would explain what their purpose would be. All configurable on the same Button config menu in ZC.

{DSG}DarkRaven
10-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Adding new buttons is a required step for the future, there's no denying that. My preferrence would be two at the moment, because having eight buttons would be more complex than an SNES, let's be honest. Maybe it makes more sense from a programming point of view, or would be required for an ocarina or other instrument. I'd be willing to listen to that argument.

But for the sake of just adding more gameplay functionality, two more would make the buttons equal to an SNES controller, and since we seem to be slowly heading towards ZC becoming LTTP Jr. (or as I like to call it, the Little Zelda That Could), that would make good sense. The defaults are Ctrl, Alt, Z, and X, right? This is just my setup, but for SNES emulation, my controls are mapped to A,Z,S,X,D,C. A/Z for L/R, and the other letters more or less resemble the standard console quad-button layout.