PDA

View Full Version : Additions to the Subscreen Editor

idontknow
10-02-2006, 12:14 AM
1. How about in the Subscreen editor, there could be an option to change how that subscreen appears in the game when the player presses the Start Button? For now, this can't be changed & has always been simply slide in from the top. What if we could have the following:

-Slide in from Top (default)
-Slide in from Bottom
-Slide in from right
-Slide in from Left
-Dissolve (also called a 'Fade')
-Instant (so when you press Start, the subscreen appears without a transition)
And maybe a few others.

Except for Instant, every transition could also have a speed setting: Slow, Normal (default), Fast, Very Fast

Think of these as like slide transitions in Powerpoint. Simply a means of changing the Aesthetics of the game, but cool regardless.

Now i know this isn't such a huge, game-changing suggestion, but unique nonetheless.

2. Also, and perhaps this would change how the game feels--being able to link Subscreen types together so that you can make subscreens be different "pages" so that when the player presses a certain button while in the subscreen, it'll change to a different subscreen. This way, you could have all weapons on one screen, equipment on another, or all items on one screen & the quest status on another. You could perhaps even string together more than 2 if you wanted. This will be especially useful for if you want to include all the custom items you can now make.

Dark Nation
10-02-2006, 07:57 AM
All of this is being worked on but there's no telling when or if it will happen. In preliminary testing, I was able to make the passive subscreen show up below the playing field.

Tygore
10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I think that a side-oriented passive subscreen wouldn't work, since it would change the actual dimensions of the screen.