PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Dark World Help Needed

Flanker
10-01-2006, 06:49 PM
In Level 1, There was a key 2 rooms to the right of the entry room. That opened the room above the room to the right of the entry room, where I got a second key. Where is the third key to get through to the room above the entry room (via going left then up, need a key to go right)? Don't want any other secrets at this time, but this is getting a bit irritating not being able to get out of the shoreline area.

Thanks.

erm2003
10-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Try pushing some blocks in the room with the key door.

Flanker
10-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks, I'll try again, must not have pushed the right ones (or in the wrong direction).

erm2003
10-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Make sure you kill all the enemies first in rooms before you push blocks or it won't work.

Flanker
10-01-2006, 07:12 PM
I must be missing something really stupid. Is there anything in the lost cave?

Flanker
10-01-2006, 07:25 PM
There seems to be nothing to do in the lost cave, and a couple of entry points blocked by blocks before you go through the lost woods that I can't seem to break through. Here's what I have:

Wooden Boomerang
Wooden Sword
Bombs
Red Candle
Raft

Should I have anything else? If not, I'm stuck.

erm2003
10-01-2006, 08:06 PM
There is an odd colored block at the end of the Lost Cave. Did you try using one of your items on it?

Flanker
10-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Tried bombing, tried pushing, and I THINK I tried burning it. Can't use a raft on it. I'll try the boomerang maybe. If that doesn't work, not sure what to do.

erm2003
10-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Naturally, it's what you didn't try yet. ;)

Flanker
10-02-2006, 10:33 PM
All right now...I'm in level 2. I have yet to find a treasure, and can't seem to get into the place that is 2 blocks north of the entrance room (or seem to be able to go "EAST-WEST" on the raft one room to the right of that. I feel like I've tried a bomb on every wall, and pushed each block in each room in each direction after killing all enemies. Also can't get to the right side of the map, but also figure that comes from a secret passage from the third row from the bottom that I can't get to on the left side of the map. I also have tried bombing a few walls that would go to rooms not on the map. What am I missing?

erm2003
10-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Since you are new to ZC you are probably not aware of raft paths. When riding the raft, try holding different directions to see if it takes you anywhere else. That will solve one of your puzzles. The other suggestion I have for you... don't be afriad to burn some bushes.

Flanker
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Well, not totally a newcomer...played the original 2 quests on the original Nintendo, but there was never any burning of bushes in a level, hence what threw me off. Found the arrow, and the passage to the end of the level. I saw in another thread that the Bow is also in this level. I'll assume that's a bush burning also.

erm2003
10-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes it is. You need them both to get into the desert area where level 3 is. By the time you read this thread though you are probably there.

Flanker
10-05-2006, 01:02 AM
I feel like an idiot...I'm stuck in the desert cave, and see no way to get to the bottom platform with the raft. Tried shooting the arrow, using the candle, etc. What am I missing?

erm2003
10-05-2006, 05:54 AM
There is a hidden raft path again. Try holding different directions once you start moving on the raft. One of them will lead you to the bottom dock.

Flanker
10-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Ok, now I'm in level 5. I have visited the vast majority of the rooms, and am unable to reach the few I have left. First of all, I need the whistle in order to destroy the guy in the room just below the upper-right corner of the map. I'm assuming the whistle is in one of the lower 3 rooms on the left-most part of the map, or else a room a few doors to the right of the bottom of those 3. I can't seem to find the key for the latter, and for the former, how do you get across the river or swamp or whatever it is. The ladder won't take you across. I'm assuming the whisle is either in one of those 3 rooms I can access, or else the key is there, and the whisle is in the room that requires the key.

Any hints on this?

Thanks in advance.

erm2003
10-09-2006, 05:12 PM
When you are one room below the Digdogger (the guy you need the whistle for), go left and use the raft to get to the next room. Kill the Darknuts and move the blocks to make the stairs appear. You have to make your way to the upper left part of the level to find a secret passageway under the statues. You will be able to follow that to the whistle. Once you have that work your way back to the Digdogger and you will be well on your way to finishing the level.

Another little hint. When you are in a room and you can't get around the spikes, try using your sword in the room.

Flanker
10-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Ok, got through 5. Near the end, in one of the unmapped rooms, it said to find a pond where no fairy lives (or something like that, may be off with the wording) and play a tune. To me, that says the whistle. I went to the mountains area, and entered death mountain. In the Southwest area of Death Mountain is a pond with no fairy, and a cave on the other side. I blow the whistle, and nothing happens (other than the tornado-like thing that takes you to a previous level you completed if you let it catch you that you get on any board you blow the whistle that doesn't have a whistle-related secret to it). Was it wrong advice on level 5? I'm assuming that cave is level 6.

On another note, while I'm at it, I can't seem to get into the grave, or into either of the caves that have little green spikes surrounding the entrance (like in the first world, or in the southeast corner of the underworld (or whatever you call it). Are the grave and these 2 caves areas that need items from level 6? Or could they be where level 6 is and I'm wrong about the pond with no fairy?

Kinda stuck here.

erm2003
10-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Look for a hidden pass in the Dark World forest. The pond is hidden around there. Inside you will find an item that will let you get into caves with the "spikes" that block your path. The grave area you can't get to until later... that's level 8.

Flanker
10-10-2006, 10:04 PM
I must be an absolute idiot. The only secret passage I found was one to the equivalent to the route to level 2 in the light world. You get there, and she tells you what you already know. That the whistle takes you back and forth between worlds. First thing I tried was burning, boomeranging, arrowing, bombing, and whistling in the maze. No luck. Other things I've found have been merchant shops, and one where the merchant says nothing. Also found a pay me and I'll talk place. None of those hints helped other than getting through the maze prior to level 5.

erm2003
10-10-2006, 11:02 PM
You aren't looking for the right type of hidden passage. Try walking through rock.

Flanker
10-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Having problems with level 6. All the rooms lead to the lower right corner and then nowhere except one of them. That one leads to a block you push only allowing you to go up. From that point, There are 5 rooms I can access, and that's it. Bombs don't work, Whistle does nothing, Sword does nothing, I'm trapped. Are you sure there's a way from here?

erm2003
10-12-2006, 05:41 AM
Yep. In those 5 rooms, search for a new item. That item will allow you back to the room with the block so that you can move to the left side of the level.

Flanker
10-18-2006, 07:58 AM
I give in, can't find how to get to the end of level 6.

Tried every creative idea possible. I tried whistling in every room. I may have missed a couple, but I think I hammered each block. Bombing. Burning. I even got creative and thought that maybe, while in the normal Zelda Classic, those hands that came out from the wall would normally take you back to the beginning, that maybe they would take me there. Alas, back to the beginning you go.

I think I got all the items (Large Key, Fire Boomerang, and the thingamabobber that takes you across spikes and lakes, whatever it's called).

Any hints?

erm2003
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Go back to the area where you got the hookshot. One of the rooms up there has a hidden passageway that leads to the end of the level. Just push some blocks once you clear the room. :)

Flanker
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Ok, here's a stupid question. I finished levels 6 and 7. I got the red bomb that I think I know where I need to use it. However, I also got 15 coins, and advice to push the rock on the west. I do, and it takes me to an underworld named "?". I get to the 2nd screen, and can't seem to get rid of the trees. Tried bombing, Whistling, Burning, etc. What am I missing? Or should I not be able to do anything down there yet?

In addition, in the Heart cave, how do you kill the guys you'd normally kill with arrows (the room north of the center). Arrows don't seem to work on them.

Flanker
10-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Also kinda Stuck in level 8. I'll call them Level 8A (The initial one with the red tiles) and Level 8B (The one in the desert with the blue tiles). In 8A, I can get up the left side, and down the right, but the narrow alleyway from the right side to the stairs is blocked by 2 blocks that I've tried to knock out many ways, and can't seem to push blocks either. Any hints there?

And with 8B, I can't get past the 3rd room. It makes the noise it usually makes when you kill all the enemies and usually a reward comes up, like a Key, but here it just makes that sound, and does nothing. What am I missing?

erm2003
10-19-2006, 04:43 PM
OK, here are all your answers :)

The ? Area: Come back after finishing level 8. You need the mirror shield.

Heart Cave: Come back after finishing the Master Temple. You need the silver arrows.

Level 8A: The blue blocks can be removed with the wand, which you will eventually find in 8B.

Level 8B: It's the room with the Ganon statue right? Did you try using arrows?

earthdyedred
12-03-2006, 08:06 AM
New user for once!

Is there a Level 2 Power Bracelet? I'm in Level 7 and I obtained the flippers, going down to the room with all the mummies and the dark olive-colored rocks (2 rooms down from the 4 red Darknut room). I cannot figure out what to do there, except those rocks seem tied to the ones I can't move in the overworld. I have the hookshot and hammer, and the only thing that I know to do is to purchase that 850-rupee boomerang, but I doubt that's the answer. I've looked everywhere I know for another bracelet, but to no avail. How do I make it through this section?

erm2003
12-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Already helped via IM, but welcome to AGN. Let me know if you need any more assistance or if you finish the quest.

phoenix1745
11-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Can I bump this and get some help? I think i have missed something in this game causing me a lot of problems......I have the flippers, grappling hook and hammer but can't find the other item in the Tower level and am stuck in there

erm2003
11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Can I bump this and get some help? I think i have missed something in this game causing me a lot of problems......I have the flippers, grappling hook and hammer but can't find the other item in the Tower level and am stuck in there

Are you talking about the Stone Tower level (level 7 I believe)? If so you are missing the level 2 bracelet. Look for a room on the west side of the tower that has rocks in it. Try bombing.

phoenix1745
12-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank you, Now I am in an endless loop in the Master Temple, I have killed everything I can but it just keeps looping me and I have bombed, blown, dove where water, tried walking through, pushed every stone....can you give me a hint?

phoenix1745
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Nevermind, sorry.......I am an idiot and forgot to do it in that room :(

Ford_Prefect
12-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Where did I miss the Magic Shield?

Also, what should I get in Level 4?
All I found was meat.

Thanks.

erm2003
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
The blue ring is also hidden away in level 4. I would certainly go back for that. It will be a big help since you can't get the red ring for quite some time.

The magic shield is hidden in the next area, the passage of rooms that leads to the dark world. Try all the tricks from the previous levels and you should find it. If you still aren't sure, let me know. If you already are in the dark world, you will have to find the item in level 5 before you can go back to look for it.

Ford_Prefect
12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
The blue ring is also hidden away in level 4. I would certainly go back for that. It will be a big help since you can't get the red ring for quite some time.

The magic shield is hidden in the next area, the passage of rooms that leads to the dark world. Try all the tricks from the previous levels and you should find it. If you still aren't sure, let me know. If you already are in the dark world, you will have to find the item in level 5 before you can go back to look for it.Found both, thanks.
When should I be able to get the Mirror Shield? The Wizzrobes in Level 6 are killing me!!!

EDIT:
Never mind...
Beat it, shy of 13 hours.
Most excellent quest, worth playing again and again...
Thanks.

erm2003
12-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Glad you enjoyed it and I am glad people are still digging this out out of the QDB here. Thanks!

Thirtythree
01-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I'd also like to say I've enjoyed this quest a lot so far. I'm on level 5, and it's definitely one of the better old school quests I've played. It is frustrating at times, but I like games to be a bit hard. :)

LiquidSatan
06-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I know this is an old thread. I am having issues trying to locate Level 2. I have all of the necessary items to gain entry into the Lost Woods. There is a small dock located north of the Shore Line Temple that extends half way. I am guessing you need the ladder?

I've been reading of a "Lost Cave" where is that located? The only place that looks accessible is a small tree blocked by two stone tablets. Maybe I need to burn more bushes?