PDA

View Full Version : Pass-through fire

Tygore
10-01-2006, 03:01 PM
How about some way (Quest Rule) to make it so that, for triggering burn flags, the fire simply has to TOUCH the flag instead of having to STOP on the flag? This could free up the player's conservation of magic a little bit, as well as (assuming the implementation of scripted custom items) the option to differentiate between the candles by range rather than use per screen, and in doing so giving the longer-range candle a clearer advantage in secret hunting. This could also make it easier for Din's Fire to trigger burn secrets. It also frees up the quest maker from the situation of having Link in a single tile width area, and being unable to place burn flags directly adjacent.

Modus Ponens
10-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Excellent suggestion, Tygore. It's actually one of those ideas that I came up with a while ago and then forgot about and when I was going to suggest it I just sat there scratching my head because I couldn't remember what I was going to say.

beefster09
10-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Excellent suggestion, Tygore. It's actually one of those ideas that I came up with a while ago and then forgot about and when I was going to suggest it I just sat there scratching my head because I couldn't remember what I was going to say.
Yeah, I hate it when that happens.:confused:

This would be soooo nice for the players. I would check the rule immediately.