PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Stuck inside a Wall??

funkyB3
10-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Hi I've been playing this game all day, it is just awesome.

I'm playing the first quest. I just blew the flute and made the lake drain near level 7. I realize i should have a potion before i enter, so without entering the level, i walked out and back toward the medicine shop.

I noticed that the large body of water NE of there is empty now also, so i decided to see if i could walk around back there.

In the middle of the water there is normally an island. If there was water, you would need the raft to get there. I believe that level 4 is on this island.

Walking on the dry lakebed, i got myself north of the island and then exited the screen to the south. When i entered the island/level 4 screen, i arrived standing on a "rock" square, one i would normally not be allowed to pass through. since i am also surrounded by rock squares, i cannot move. I cannot exit the screen to the north either, even though this is the way i came from.

Now i am totally stuck. I think these are my only options:

1) Reset the Game

If i reset the game, will is remember the last save? If so, when is the last save? (i haven't died since the very beginning).

2) Allow myself to die

There *IS* one enemy on this screen. I could allow it to kill me and then i could restart. The enemy is one of those helpcopter flower things. This is good because it can hit me on the rocks, but also bad since the motion of the flower is totally randow, and it will not collide with me very often. Also, it will take a very long time since i have 13 hearts (full health) and the blue ring.

3) another option?

Is there another option like a cheat code or similar that i could use to unstick myself? maybe an editor?

What should i do?

thanks very much

Saffith
10-01-2006, 03:11 AM
Open the menu and go to Game->Quit (or press F6) and click yes. That'll bring up the continue/save/retry screen without you to dying.

Modus Ponens
10-01-2006, 06:38 AM
If you play the recorder outside of Level 7 to drain its pond and the water is drained from other screens when you get there, then this sounds to me like a pretty big bug.

elise
10-01-2006, 07:40 AM
and if you still want to kill yourself use bombs thats a much quicker way :tongue:

erm2003
10-01-2006, 10:01 AM
If you play the recorder outside of Level 7 to drain its pond and the water is drained from other screens when you get there, then this sounds to me like a pretty big bug.

It is a bug but it's also one that I believe has been reported and fixed a couple betas ago.

Modus Ponens
10-01-2006, 05:02 PM
and if you still want to kill yourself use bombs thats a much quicker way :tongue:

It should be noted that Link is completely unharmed by bombs in the original game, so this would not work.

funkyB3
10-01-2006, 05:24 PM
OK thanks everyone, i was able to exit by dropping into the shell (via F6) and getting the save/continue option there. This way , i essentially died and restarted at the start with 3 hearts filled only.

Regarding this water bug an d the fixes that were mentioned... i just downloaded what i thought was the most recent version yesterday off this site... is there another version out there that fixes this stuff? Where can i find it?

Also... on a somewhat unrelated note, i've fnished the first quest. How do i load the second quest? Thanks

erm2003
10-01-2006, 06:49 PM
If the second quest doesn't automatically load after you finish the first one, then use the name ZELDA to start that quest and use the name ALPHA to start the 3rd quest.

You can find the newest beta in the beta forums. If you go to the main forum listing they are below the ZC forums. Remember though, it is a BETA program so there will be bugs as it is in production. You should still continue to play quests in the version they were created however to ensure you don't run into other issues with program compatability.