PDA

View Full Version : Chalk one up for peer justice

{DSG}DarkRaven
09-30-2006, 11:37 PM
EVANSVILLE, Indiana (AP) -- An inmate serving a life sentence for molesting and murdering a 10-year-old girl named Katie was apparently forcibly tattooed across the forehead by a fellow prisoner with the words "KATIE'S REVENGE," authorities say.

Anthony Ray Stockelman, 39, was removed from the general prison population for his own safety last weekend after authorities discovered the tattoo, officials said.

Prison officials said an inmate has been identified as a suspect.

A photo of what is identified as Stockelman's forehead appeared this week on a crime blog called "Lost In Lima Ohio" that focuses on news reports about crimes against children and women.

Two prison guards suspected of supplying the picture were fired for making unauthorized copies of an evidence photo, said Rich Larsen, a spokesman for the Wabash Valley state prison in Carlisle, about 70 miles north of Evansville.

Child molesters rank near the bottom of the prison hierarchy and are often brutalized by other inmates. Tattoos are against prison regulations, but inmates often fashion crude tattoo instruments with plastic utensils and needles.

Stockelman's tattoo covers nearly his entire forehead.

"If I had to guess I'd say it's a statement from the inmates," said Collman's father, John Neace.

Stockelman pleaded guilty to abducting, molesting and drowning Katlyn "Katie" Collman, whose body was found in 2005 in a creek about 15 miles from her home in the town of Crothersville.

Police initially believed Katie was abducted and slain because she had stumbled onto a methamphetamine operation in the neighborhood, but that theory was later discarded.

Another man confessed to the killing at one point but was cleared after DNA and other evidence connected Stockelman to the crime.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/29/inmate.tattoo.ap/index.html

This is almost funnier than the Middle Eastern prisoner who woke up with a lightbulb in his butt.

Beldaran
09-30-2006, 11:49 PM
I hope he got and continues to get a lot worse than a tattoo for what he did.

mikeron
10-01-2006, 04:38 AM
tatt (http://lostinlimaohio.blogspot.com/2006/09/katies-revenge.html)

Aegix Drakan
10-01-2006, 08:50 AM
OWNED.

that's all I can really say. just OWNED.

He's lucky he only got a tattoo. They could easily have done much worse to him.

ShadowTiger
10-01-2006, 09:45 AM
They could have cut off his genitals in retribution and as a sign. A tattoo on your forehead isn't as good of a "sign" as the sudden lack of the partial set of tools used in the crime. Both are awakening, but the latter is to a far more considerable degree.

Kairyu
10-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Or, better yet, there could have been two tattoos. One on his head for everyone to read, and another on his genitals. That would be a real personal reminder, there.

{DSG}DarkRaven
10-01-2006, 10:02 PM
They could have cut off his genitals in retribution and as a sign. A tattoo on your forehead isn't as good of a "sign" as the sudden lack of the partial set of tools used in the crime. Both are awakening, but the latter is to a far more considerable degree.

I'm pretty sure cutting off somebody's balls is illegal. Tattooing they can get away with, but serious bodily mutilation could buy someone a few years or keep somebody from getting out on parole, etc. I doubt anybody would be that dumb, though I don't doubt that the desire existed.

mikeron
10-01-2006, 10:09 PM
They could have cut off his genitals in retribution and as a sign. A tattoo on your forehead isn't as good of a "sign" as the sudden lack of the partial set of tools used in the crime. Both are awakening, but the latter is to a far more considerable degree.Believe it or not, the tattoo is actually more humiliating than being maimed.

moocow
10-01-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know why they take these guys and put them in protected custody after they get the shit beat out of them. Anyone who molests/rapes and kills an innocent child deserves to die in the most inhumane ways possible...

Back in July, this guy raped and killed his 16 month old son... He got the shit beat out of him by some of his fellow inmates, so after that he's being held in protected custody so he doesn't get beat up. As if he doesn't fucking deserve it.

goKi
10-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Perhaps they should be tattooed with the fact they are a child molester and released back into the general public. That's gotta be worse than jail time.

Dechipher
10-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Perhaps they should be tattooed with the fact they are a child molester and released back into the general public. That's gotta be worse than jail time.

No, becaue in prison you can get away with fucking someone up hardcore a lot easier. In the general public they'll still fuck you over for messing someone up.Besides, if they're fucked up enough to rape/molest, they most likely will not have the concience required for a general public release to be effective.

redmage777
10-02-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm pretty sure cutting off somebody's balls is illegal. Tattooing they can get away with, but serious bodily mutilation could buy someone a few years or keep somebody from getting out on parole, etc. I doubt anybody would be that dumb, though I don't doubt that the desire existed.

The ones who are in for life with no hope for parole (The ones with Nothing to loose anyway) are the ones who would do such a thing. I would be surprised if the tatoo is the end of his problems. He'll be thrown back into the inmate population and his nightmare will continue.

Aegix Drakan
10-02-2006, 02:24 PM
He'll be thrown back into the inmate population and his nightmare will continue.

I certainly hope so!