PDA

View Full Version : Pushable layered combos.

rocksfan13
09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
It would be nice to be able to have a push flag that allowed a layered combo to be pushed. For small things like pots so when they're pushed, you push the pot and not the pot and the floor.
Is it plausable?

ShadowTiger
09-28-2006, 08:02 PM
You know of the method to do this now, right? It's rather odd, actually. I first saw it in Wild Bill's Monthly Zelda quest.

You copy/paste a pot so the stand / floor is gone, and only the pot remains. Make it a normal flower/slash/whatever combo on your combo page. Place it on the floor as usual and put your push flag on it. Then layer the floor on layer 1. It works. :p

How would a flag differ? What would differentiate between the pot and its stand?

rocksfan13
09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
If you do it that way, the stand moves with it. You would need to put the pot on layer 0 in oreder to push it. If you put the stand under it, yes the under combo will be the stand, but none the less, if you watch when you push it, the underside will follow. In order too have the pot seperate from the stand, it would need to be on a layer so you can see through the background, which is what the stand would be.

Am I making sense?

ShadowTiger
09-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Well the empty stand goes on layer 1. :p The pot appears ON the stand, then you push the pot, and it moves off the stand. The stand is still there, and the pot is resting on the floor.

rocksfan13
09-28-2006, 09:41 PM
I just tried it and it didn't work. I'll look more into it tomorrow.