PDA

View Full Version : Adding Multiple Combos at a time

Petoe
09-27-2006, 04:23 PM
When you're setting up combos to the combo list that is on the right side of ZQuest, wouldn't it be convenient if you could add multiple combos at a time!
You know, sometimes when you grab a huge picture for cutscene/background purposes and then you have to set the combos so that you can place the picture on the screen, to do this you have to set each of the combos invidually, and that may take awfully long if you have hundreds of combos to set. Click, point, click, point, clikc... *yawn* ZzZzZzzz...

So my question is this, could anything be done about this?
And here's my suggestion:
When you right-click a combo and bring up the Combo Editor and then select what tile to set for the combo, wouldn't it be possible to make it so that when choosing a tile from the tile pages you could hold shift and that way select multiple tiles at a time? Or just make a small menu appear when right-clicking a combo that has 2 options: Combo Editor and Multiple Combos or something like that. That way you could add big pictures to quests easily! Even if you could just select a row of 4 combos at a time (one row in the combo list consists of 4 combos) that would still be good enough.

Does it make any sense? Is it a good idea and possible to carry out? I'd love ZC even more if setting up tiles for multiple combos at one click would be possible.

Dark Nation
09-28-2006, 08:06 AM
This is being looked in to. Not sure when/if it will be done.

ShadowTiger
09-28-2006, 02:34 PM
IMHO, the selection cursor should be locked at a horizontal width of four. So you can't select anything like this:

XXXXX

Or like this:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

Just a column width of one, two, three, or four.

X
X
X

XX
XX

XXX
XXX

XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX

It'd make it easier on everyone, really.

By "Can't," I mean, the cursor just wouldn't stretch that far.