PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 14

DarkDragon
09-27-2006, 03:48 AM
Almost entirely a bug-fix beta. I am leaving the country on Saturday, so please make reporting any additional ZScript or item bugs a priority.

This a binary-only and not a full release; you'll need to copy your b13 files and install b14 over top of them or you'll get errors.

Windows:
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 14 for Windows (new files only) (http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ev/zc211b14.zip) - Unzip this on top of the b13 resource files.

Linux:
Coming soon.

OS X:
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 14 for OS X 10.2 (http://www.greyfire.org/~l/ZC211b14.tgz)

ZC Beta 14 list:

Added a quest rule "1.90-Style Tribbles", which is automatically checked for quests from 1.90 or earlier. When checked, Tribble offspring grow back into normal offspring, as in 1.90, instead of tribbles, as is current behavior.
Fixed a serious (ZScript) compiler bug that replaced all numeric constants with 0.0001.
Fire wizrobes once again shoot fire instead of magic.
Fixed a cosmetic bug in the output of TRACER and TRACEV and their ZScript counterpart. (Again.)
Redesigned the drawing code somewhat to fix glitches during the Triforce animation.
Fixed a bug causing spinning tiles to animate using the wrong tiles.
Patra 2 and 3 now shoot fireballs again instead of garbage.
Inherent Armos->Item flags now work on either side of open or closed treasure chests.
Added do-while loops to the ZScript language.
Fixed a serious compiler bug preventing quests with global variables from compiling.
Created a ZScript standard header file "std.zh" which I encourage you to include in your ZScript scripts. This header file contains constants for things like Link actions, items, sound effects, some utility methods, etc.
Fixed a ZAsm bug that generated strange behavior when setting some variables.
Added +=, -=, *=, /=, &&=, ||=, &=, |=, ^=, <<=, >>=, and %= to the ZScript language.
Fixed the message more indicator.
Link can no longer dive while moving in disregard of the "No Dive" rule.
Fixed a fatal OS X bug when the mouse cursor wandered off of the screen.
Initial FFC script arguments are now correctly passed into ZScripts.
Fixed a bug where carryover FFC scripts would stop when the screen changed.
Fixed the bug causing the lens to not work at all.
The triforce no longer switches link to his 2-hand hold tile midway through the triforce animation.
Carrying over an FFC script from the overworld to an item cave no longer occasionally crashes ZC.
Changed the way ZC handles picking up, saving, and loading items. Wallets should work correctly again.
Complete rewrite of the equipment and item portions of the init data dialog and the corresponding ZC cheat dialog. The dialog is now dynamic; if you add custom items or change around item families in ZQ, the change should be reflected correctly in the init data dialog. A lot of ZC code had to be rewritten to support this change so please test aggressively.
Tuned up the cheat menu to take into account higher rupee and magic caps, etc.
Importing DMaps no longer crashes ZQ.
You can now select item 0 as the screen item or a shop item; it is no longer reserved as "no item."
Viewing the map no longer freezes controls.
Touching a save point and choosing to save no longer freezes controls.
Enter key no longer carries over improperly from the confirm quit dialog to the continue-save-retry screen.
Fixed the bug where grabbing from .qst files corrupted quests.
Cleaned up some of the scaled mode code. Opening various dialog boxes in ZQ with high -scale values should no longer crash ZQ.
Tweaked the bomb explosion duration to restore Dodongos to their original behavior. The Aquamentus is (hopefully) unaffected.
Fixed an OS X bug which surrounded the mouse cursor in a black box.
Fixed a compiler bug that prevented compilation of large programs.
Fixed the ZScript Link button variables to return the correct data types.
The ZScript compiler no longer chokes on arrays of non-floats.
Added Link->Item[], which is true iff link posses the item with ID equal to the index. Setting and clearing elements of this array gives and takes items from link, respectively.
Trying to use the arrow operator on non-pointers in ZScripts no longer occasionally crashes ZQ.

Please Verify Quarantined Bugs
Old save games will not work in and will be erased by b14! Back them up if you want to keep them for b13 use!
BACK UP YOUR QUESTS BEFORE YOU USE THIS ON THEM!

Nicholas Steel
09-27-2006, 05:36 AM
the windows link should say beta 14... lol.

Dark Nation
09-27-2006, 07:55 AM
the windows link should say beta 14... lol.
Fixed.

shadowfall1976
09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
"Z" & "X" no longer scroll through inventory in play , and I can't give Link the
Wooden Boomerang, in the cheats Menu, also the SFX is not sounding right
and has caused ZC to crash once already when a custom SFX has sounded off.

also the Heart Container Pieces don't show up on the subscreen they still show
junk tiles.

other items that don't work from cheat menu:
(also not from picking them up or init data either)
--------------------------------------------
All Boomerangs
Shields
Hookshots
Bracelets
Bows
Din's Fire

Grimman5000
09-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Umm...The language is all Hyrulian-type.

Dark Nation
09-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Umm...The language is all Hyrulian-type.

???

Modus Ponens
09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
If your browser's character encoding is set to Auto-Detect Hylian, then when you go to download the software it assumes you're a Hylian, and it automatically gives you the Hylian version. (I accidentally got the Goron version in a similar manner when I first downloaded the program.)

Grimman5000
09-27-2006, 06:50 PM
???

What I mean is, the language is set to this hyrulian-like language. It looks really weird.

Nicholas Steel
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
ah i think when he clicks the link it doesn't download... instead he is viewing the files contents which is just gibberish. (like opening the zip in notepad)

DarkDragon
09-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Uh... well it's a zip file... download it like you normally download .zips... :shrug:

Exdeath
09-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Added a quest rule "1.90-Style Tribbles", which is automatically checked for quests from 1.90 or earlier. When checked, Tribble offspring grow back into normal offspring, as in 1.90, instead of tribbles, as is current behavior.

Cool. Now there just needs to be a screen flag to toggle whichever behavior is set in the quest rule.

I really don't like the new INIT DATA screen. I personally think it was much easeir to read when all the items were on 1 screen and you just checked the boxes. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to it yet, but that is my first reaction.

Dark Nation
09-28-2006, 08:06 AM
As for the language problem, are you referring to when you click the link or when you run the program. If it's when you run the program, you probably have an older fonts.dat file. Redownload and unzip beta 13 and then unzip beta 14 on top of that.

Tygore
09-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I had the same problem: ZQ ran in the Hylian font. Downloading the b13 font did the trick. You might want to make a note of this in the top post.

ShadowTiger
09-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Agreed; I just unzipped the Beta 13 Full Pack into a folder, downloaded B14 into it, unzipped and replaced with it, and it "works."

DarkDragon
09-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 14 for Windows (new files only) - Unzip this on top of the b13 resource files.

But I'll add an additional message.

Tygore
09-28-2006, 03:04 PM
The thing is, I (and I assume others) skipped Beta 13. When you said to put it over the b13 files, I assumed that you just meant "last full beta", not realizing that b13's font file had changed... something.

DarkDragon
09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Ah, good point. The b13 thread has been unstickied but you should still be able to download the support files (which did change) from http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/zc211b13w.zip.

Deviance
09-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I noticed a file std.zh in the zip. What's that all about?

Nick
09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I noticed a file std.zh in the zip. What's that all about?
That contains a library you can import to scripts with some stuff for the scripting (constants, mostly), I believe.

Deviance
09-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Then that means Zelda Classic Launcher will not work with this release (Updating Wise) Guess I got to make a patch for this :p

Tygore
09-28-2006, 09:27 PM
It works just fine for me.

shadowfall1976
09-29-2006, 05:18 PM
works for me too

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
09-30-2006, 11:02 AM
The OSX version...it won't open for me. O_o
Here's the log:

dyld: /Users/josh/Desktop/ZC b12/Archive/ZQuest Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/ZQuest Editor can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libpng.3.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
dyld: /Users/josh/Desktop/ZC b12/Archive/Zelda Classic.app/Contents/MacOS/Zelda Classic can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libpng.3.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

_L_
10-01-2006, 01:16 AM
What? No libpng?!

Hmm...

...either ask Takuya for an alternative binary, or figure out how to install libpng on your system. (I did that once, but have since forgotten.)

Dark Nation
10-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Hrmmm... Libpng should either be statically linked or added as a framework in the OS X version. We'll have to look at that.

Jeffrotull
10-06-2006, 08:48 PM
I can't use passageways... I can enter them but can not exit either ladder. Also I can't get a shield better than the basic shield.

tingle
10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
why can i only run it in the small window?

cbailey78
10-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Try adding in the command line after the quotes in the shortcut properties and type in: -res 640 480 big

See if that helps!

Petoe
10-09-2006, 08:16 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional change and I don't know how long this "problem" has been present, but what bothers me is the fact that the DMap Title is a few pixels too low when compared to the older versions of ZC. The problem is that it is also a few pixels too low for my custom made passive subscreen minimaps and it ruins them. When I go to the subscreen editor and try moving the DMap Name one pixel upwards, the whole title disappears!

Sorry if this is a known issue/feature but I just recently started working on my quests with the new betas and I haven't had time to look thru all the bug reports if this has been mentioned. This issue bothers me so much that I'd like to hear what's the deal here and can this be changed back to the way it was on ZC 1.92?

EDIT - Um, ok, yeah, thanks for answering my question (sorry for sounding impatient but oh well...)

But I have another question and hopefully someone kind enough can shed some light on it as well: Are the Export/Import features working correctly on beta14? I especially would like to know if Importing/Exporting maps works without problems... I just remember that at some point some of the Import/Export features were disfunctional. Don't know if it has been fixed now.

Petoe
10-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Anyone?

And sorry for double posting but I really want to know answers to these 2 questions.

Nicholas Steel
10-14-2006, 07:33 AM
importing/exporting are still borked (screwed)... but are being worked on... maybe next beta will have them fixed... as for the dmap title being lower by a pixel.. post a bug thread about it in the bug forums...

Mega Link
10-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Why are the triforce framents (in the subscreen) now 2x3 tiles? :confused:

Edit: Like it was in beta 6?

tingle
10-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Try adding in the command line after the quotes in the shortcut properties and type in: -res 640 480 big

See if that helps!

What does that mean?

Luigi
10-22-2006, 01:04 PM
What does that mean?

You need a shortcut to zelda-w.exe (right-click > Create Shortcut) in your ZC folder.

cbailey78
10-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Why are the triforce framents (in the subscreen) now 2x3 tiles? :confused:

Edit: Like it was in beta 6?

That could be because the "Big Triforce Pieces" Rule is checked. uncheck it and the triforce piece will be 1 tile size.

Nicholas Steel
10-22-2006, 07:16 PM
there is no linux version for this beta? if thats right then you could remove it from the first post ;) as it has been quite some time since b14 was released.

iriss
11-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Any working version of Mac OS X been released jet? The b14 version doesn't open!
Really looking forward in playing on my Mac!:)

_L_
11-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, it works for me. Maybe it's because you've got OS X 10.3 and greater?

Love For Fire
11-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Mine won't work either... using 10.4.8

Nicholas Steel
11-05-2006, 09:09 PM
well then... maybe if your smart and read you would see that you need 10.2 and as such your arguing that it wont work on what it doesn't say it should work on :P

iriss
11-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Well, then I am looking forward to a version that works on 10.4.7 or later!:googly:

Revfan9
11-06-2006, 05:19 AM
*taps foot waiting for Linux build*

Imprisoned
11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
That's great. I really like the multiple warps and the flags already assigned to tiles.

infinitegames
11-25-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't understand why the Mac version requires 10.2... wasn't 10.2 obsolete in 2003? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it just seems odd.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the Tiger version!

Revfan9
11-26-2006, 04:37 AM
Apparently, because of ZC's inner-workings, it needs different versions for Tiger and OS X.