PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up the combo type selection

Master_of_Power
09-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Ok, the combo select drop down box is getting emmerse, what I was thinking was have 2 number boxes next to it called Combo Effect or something along the lines of that

Basicly it will be like this

you can reduce all the Block combos to just the following

Block
Block all

for regular Block you type in the item number and class and in the number boxes next to the selection.

for all the warp combos all you got to do is put 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 in the first box next to it.

so you can have

Cave (Walk Up) A
Cave (Walk Up) B
Cave (Walk Up) C
Cave (Walk Up) D
Cave (Walk Down) A
etc...

become

Cave (Walk Up)
Cave (Walk Down)
Stairs
Autowarp
Sensitive Warp
Swim Warp
etc.

All the damage combos can be reduced to just one combo type

in the first box if Damage combo is selected, you put the damage it does, and the second one, you put 0 for changes with rings, or 1 for doesn't change with rings.

You can change Slow Walk to Walk Speed. 0 is the normal walk speed, -1 is half the walk speed, 1 is double the walk speed. and it goes up or down to whatever number would be the max.

you can change all the statues to 1 statue combo and select 1, 2, or 3 for the place where the fireball comes out.

This way you don't have to keep rooting through combo types to find what your looking for

Dark Nation
09-27-2006, 08:47 AM
So, combo type modifiers, yes?

I've been looking through the combos and after a lot of compression, it looks like there are about 30 different major types and all current combo types are derived from one or more of those. I'm considering allowing the quest designer to control them directly to make their own combo types. For instance, turn on the water flag, set the conveyor direction to down, and the damage to 1/2 heart, the damage type to drain, and you have a boiling river.

WindStrike
09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I like the sound of that... twould add much more flexibility in a quest. So pretty much, you're saying that one combo could have more than just one little combo type, right? Hm... interesting...

You can change Slow Walk to Walk Speed. 0 is the normal walk speed, -1 is half the walk speed, 1 is double the walk speed. and it goes up or down to whatever number would be the max.
:)
Do you have any idea what one could do with that? Kyeh kyeh kyeh!

Tygore
09-27-2006, 09:28 PM
So, combo type modifiers, yes?

I've been looking through the combos and after a lot of compression, it looks like there are about 30 different major types and all current combo types are derived from one or more of those. I'm considering allowing the quest designer to control them directly to make their own combo types. For instance, turn on the water flag, set the conveyor direction to down, and the damage to 1/2 heart, the damage type to drain, and you have a boiling river.

That would be pure awesome-on-a-stick.