PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts on Wii?

Warlock
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154029

This is just a pure speculation article, so don't read anything into it. The main thing to take away from it is that Square "doesn't know yet" if PS3 is definately getting it.

But it got me thinking, how freaking bad-ass would that be? The game was practically designed to be used with the wiimote already - they just have to map the keyblade 1:1 with the wiimote motions (with this type of game such a thing should work well I think). Then what else is there? Running, jumping, magic :P Nunchuck has that all covered.

ZTC
09-26-2006, 08:16 PM
That would be cool as hell.
I should get KH1 when I get a chance. (need something to check if my PS2 emulator works)

MottZilla
09-26-2006, 09:01 PM
PS2 emulation is no way to play any games. It's pathetic. Buy a damn PS2 they are cheap as hell anyway.

MacWeirdo42
09-26-2006, 09:40 PM
That'd be really cool... I don't own a PS2, and I never will, but it's one of the two games for it that'd I'd actually want. Kingdom Hearts for Wii would leave Katamari as my only reason for considering owning a PS2.

Aegix Drakan
09-27-2006, 08:03 AM
0_0

that would be so damn awesome...

*crosses fingers*

Tygore
09-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey, maybe this means that America will see releases of Final Mix/+.

Warlock
09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't know. Apparently Square is remaking Chain of Memories for KH2: FM+ in 3d on the PS2 which is quite awesome (though I've heard reports from some people that the perspective shift makes it somewhat hard and unplayable - mostly in that you can't see everything going on like you could in 2d). That would be enough reason to bring it over I think (whereas KH1:FM in Japan was like, US version + 2 extra bosses.. so no one would buy that who already owned KH1).

I suppose I'd say I would buy Final Mix+ for the 3d CoM, but I would definately hope Square steps it up and improves KH2 as well (i.e. new bosses, etc).

redmage777
09-29-2006, 03:03 PM
If they can get Nintendo charaters in KH3, that would be A little more Icing on the cake. Kicking ass with Link as back up would... well kick ass. Even if all he does is shake his head and nod whan spoken too. One can only dream...

Warlock
09-29-2006, 03:14 PM
If they can get Nintendo charaters in KH3, that would be A little more Icing on the cake. Kicking ass with Link as back up would... well kick ass. Even if all he does is shake his head and nod whan spoken too. One can only dream...

That would never happen. It's a Square/Disney game, not a Nintendo game. I mean, you didn't see that guy from Tekken or anything in the other ones...

Tygore
09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't know. Apparently Square is remaking Chain of Memories for KH2: FM+ in 3d on the PS2 which is quite awesome (though I've heard reports from some people that the perspective shift makes it somewhat hard and unplayable - mostly in that you can't see everything going on like you could in 2d). That would be enough reason to bring it over I think (whereas KH1:FM in Japan was like, US version + 2 extra bosses.. so no one would buy that who already owned KH1).

I suppose I'd say I would buy Final Mix+ for the 3d CoM, but I would definately hope Square steps it up and improves KH2 as well (i.e. new bosses, etc).

I had heard the CoM thing. Honestly, I want to play i just to hear the rest of the Organizations' Voices. More KH2 extra bosses would be nice as well- Sephiroth (again) was OK, but I was hoping for something new. Maybe another original like Kurt Ziza, or a different Square villain, like Kefka.

Warlock
09-29-2006, 05:32 PM
There is not much chance of Kefka. Whatshisface that made the game made most of the FF characters - but only for FF7,8, and 10. He did make Setzer which is why he shows up briefly, and the only reason Vivi was in KH2 was because he was so popular.

Kefka could show up later, but it would be more a matter of having to get the permission first since he didn't create the character.

Brasel
09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Am I the only one who just couldn't get into the KH games? They just seem like pretty action/adventure games with characters from Disney and Final Fantasy. I really really really wanted to love KH1, but I just couldn't get into the gameplay for anything. It was really bland and repetitive. I got KH2 because I was hoping there would be enough changes for me to want to play it, but it seemed like it was the same thing, only prettier. The storyline was very interesting in the first one but...I just can't play a pretty game with boring gameplay.

Maybe if the series would come to the Wii I would have more of an interest in playing it. I'm sure that it would be much more fun with the Wiimote.

Tygore
09-29-2006, 06:21 PM
There is not much chance of Kefka. Whatshisface that made the game made most of the FF characters - but only for FF7,8, and 10. He did make Setzer which is why he shows up briefly, and the only reason Vivi was in KH2 was because he was so popular.

Kefka could show up later, but it would be more a matter of having to get the permission first since he didn't create the character.

You speak of Tetsuya Nomura (why yes I AM a nerd thank you very much). I've heard that he also had a hand behind Shadow in FFVI, so there might be a chance of him. And from what I understand, since it's still an SE game, getting permission isn't too much of a problem. It's more of a matter of him not wanting to use someone else's characters.

Also, did he do FFXII? We might get something from there soon (although not much reference yet for the non-import American gamers).

Daarkseid
09-30-2006, 03:25 AM
Also, did he do FFXII? We might get something from there soon (although not much reference yet for the non-import American gamers).

Does it really matter right now?

FFXII hasn't been played by any American player, and such it remains to be seen if any of the characters in FFXII are at all appealing.

The last FF game Nomura worked on, X, the only character I enjoyed was Lulu, for reasons that just really wouldn't be appropriate in a KH game(her enormous rack). Although I guess Riku was enjoyed by many people, I don't think she was in a KH game. And the main character of FFX was a douche. The main character of XII is already looking to be an androgenous pretty boy.

Not that I'm not looking forward to XII. If its character building system lives up to the standards of the FF series, I'll find myself devoting months to the game. But I've seen little of the characters thus far, and I'm not immediately assuming FFXII's characters will be appealing to our tastes.

This won't stop Japanese gamers from getting their wishes regarding FFXII's characters, but in comparing their tastes to ours, it's just as likely anyway that that an FFXII character in a KH game won't be of the appealing variety.

Then again, I guess I haven't been particularly enamored to an FF character since VI, unless they either had a long sword driven through her back, or had enormous breasts.

MottZilla
09-30-2006, 03:56 AM
Warlock, FYI Tekken is Namco, not Sony. The reason the PS2 SoulCalibur 2 had the Tekken guy was because Namco (who made SoulCalibur) had to throw in a bonus character, and it's not like they were gonna use Crash Bandicoot or other trash Sony owns.

Warlock
09-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Warlock, FYI Tekken is Namco, not Sony. The reason the PS2 SoulCalibur 2 had the Tekken guy was because Namco (who made SoulCalibur) had to throw in a bonus character, and it's not like they were gonna use Crash Bandicoot or other trash Sony owns.

I know, I was just using him as an example since they did that with Soul Calibur. Sony has no real mascots other than Crash which, like you said, is a loser :)

Grasshopper
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Crash isn't a Sony mascot though, no where near being a mascot.

mrz84
09-30-2006, 05:12 PM
having played all 3 KH games, I'd have to say the controls for the Wii would be perfect for the series. and IMHO, seeing Auron in KH2 was kickass! :kawaii:

Darth Marsden
10-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Am I the only one who just couldn't get into the KH games? They just seem like pretty action/adventure games with characters from Disney and Final Fantasy. I really really really wanted to love KH1, but I just couldn't get into the gameplay for anything. It was really bland and repetitive. I got KH2 because I was hoping there would be enough changes for me to want to play it, but it seemed like it was the same thing, only prettier. The storyline was very interesting in the first one but...I just can't play a pretty game with boring gameplay.

Maybe if the series would come to the Wii I would have more of an interest in playing it. I'm sure that it would be much more fun with the Wiimote.
No, you're not along. I got the first one (it's 'resting' in a cardboard box in the attic at the moment), but I just couldn't get into it. You've already pointed out your reasons for not liking it, and I have to say I feel the same. I can certainly understand why others would enjoy it, but I didn't - I got bored of it very quickly and gave up when I got stuck in the Alice in Wonderland level. I'd just had enough.