PDA

View Full Version : biting question

Lilith
09-25-2006, 11:07 PM
If you could plan an internation dance party to ONE SONG, what would it be. ONE SONG.

Rainman
09-25-2006, 11:29 PM
That hamster dance song.

Mitsukara
09-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Gary Puckett and the Union Gap - Young Girl.

Hell yeah! And I think I'd see if I could get him to actually perform it live, since he's actually middle-aged now. It's shocking how young he was to have a voice like that @.@

Dechipher
09-26-2006, 12:42 AM
The Safety Dance

Matteo
09-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Phoenix - Too Young

Modus Ponens
09-26-2006, 06:19 AM
That would have to be Katamari On The Rocks, the main theme to Katamari Damacy.

Lilith
09-26-2006, 06:22 AM

only winner so far

ShadowTiger
09-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm a hyper person, so it'd be a DDR song.

I'm a cruel, sadistic, twisted person, so it'd be The Legend Of Max. :D XD

Either that or shoot a machine gun at the floor around everyones' feet. Same thing really.

moocow
09-26-2006, 09:00 AM
The Numa Numa song.

AtmaWeapon
09-26-2006, 10:01 AM
That would have to be Katamari On The Rocks, the main theme to Katamari Damacy. I could not decide on an answer until this.

Tygore
09-26-2006, 10:09 AM

Topic's over.

Seriously, I just started singing it as soon as I saw. That song is POWERFUL.

Beldaran
09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
One song that NEVER FAILS to put me in a good mood no matter what's happening is the theme from Ducktales. That's probably kind of weird.

Riverman FTW with Katamari Damacy.

Mitsukara
09-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Okay, I wouldn't seriously subject the peoples of Earth to Gary Puckett. More likely, I would pick The Safety Dance, as Decipher suggested, or perhaps something uber obscure like the "Journey to the Moon" theme from the first Duck Tales NES game (it's a beautiful, happy, optomistic little piece of music, and I really love it ^^). It should be applicable internationally, so it should probably be orchestral/instrumental or be like Katamari Damacy where there is no need/desire to understand the words at all.

That said, that's an awfully good choice, Riverman >.>

(incidentally, the Duck Tales song I refer to can be found here: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/dtMoonxedit.mid You have to copy and paste the address, because VGM mysteriously doesn't like remote linking anymore </3)

Jigglysaint
09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Adding on to what the others said, I think I would choose the theme song from the Gummi Bears. I put that song right up there with Ducktales.

Or, if I was really, really sadistic, the Song that Never Ends from Lamb Chop's Play-Along. Best part is, you don't have to sing it over and over again, because the song never ends(hence the name).

Beldaran
09-26-2006, 02:58 PM
the "Journey to the Moon" theme from the first Duck Tales NES game

I love this song. I have it on my MP3 player along with the Ducktales TV theme. :) It's a great song!

moocow
09-26-2006, 03:15 PM

Am I the only one who has no idea what this is?

Mitsukara
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
naaaaaaaaaaa, nanana, na na, nana, na, nana, naaaa!

I totally need MP3s of the soundtrack. Maybe I can torr- uh, buy the CD from Japan. If I get something I'll let you know if you want :P

Anyway, Katamari Damacy is this (extremely addictive- I got to play it once, and kept playing it for a couple hours and have missed it since) game for the PS2 with this wacky art style, and basically you're this little green guy who has to roll this ball around, and the ball picks up everything small enough- it's like it's really sticky or something. And the ball gets bigger as it scoops things up, so it can scoop up bigger and bigger things. You go from like little tacs and paperclips up to like... houses or something I think. I only got far enough to start picking up cats, that was awesome :) Once you get a big enough ball of stuff rolled up- if you did in time, that is- you can either launch it to become a star in the sky, or turn it into stardust which spreads out across the sky. You do this because your father, The King of All Cosmos, got bored and got rid of all the stars, and now he wants you to go fix it for him. Yep.

Anyway, the game has this sort of... I don't know if jpop is the correct term, it's a very interesting soundtrack. A bunch of japanese people and synth instruments, but it's such an odd arrangement, but very catchy. It's hard to describe.

Incidentally, I really like "Lonely Rolling Star." Perhaps more so than the main theme, even ^^

Archibaldo
09-26-2006, 03:22 PM
I would have to agree with the safety dance. That song is kick ass.

Glitch
09-26-2006, 05:04 PM
The Uma Uma song.

ITS NUMA NUMA RETARDO

and I third the Safety Dance.

Modus Ponens
09-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Incidentally, I really like "Lonely Rolling Star." Perhaps more so than the main theme, even ^^

I agree, actually. I just think that the main theme is more suitable. It provides a different feel.

AtmaWeapon
09-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Incidentally, I really like "Ronery Loring Star." Perhaps more so than the main theme, even ^^Fixed. I really hate to make the "HAHAHA ASIANS" joke here but it took me 3 weeks to figure out why the song was named "Lonely Rolling Star". This is 3 weeks of listening to the CD on the commute to work, during lunch, and on the way home from work.

Also voting "Sakurairo no Kisetsu", it's such a peaceful song.

Modus Ponens
09-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Also voting "Sakurairo no Kisetsu", it's such a peaceful song.

Oh man, I love that song! It's so sweet! Everytime I hear it I sit back and kinda take pause and really enjoy it. It's adorable. Just so everyone's clear, that's the one with all the little kids singing. So cute.

Mitsukara
09-27-2006, 03:42 AM
Yooon, ooo-ree lo-reeng staaa!

Yes, English certainly does some strange things it it's maybe-universalization. We get signal.

I find myself doing what you describe to, I find English words in a song I've listened to for months, and simply didn't realize that's what that part was for so long.

Personally, I think Japanese words have a very pretty sound, the syllables have a very nice sound; taken to extremes (that make no sense whatsoever outside of my brain), Japan sounds more like clattering and English sounds more like squishing. Sort of. But oh well, "eengareesh ees cuuul!" So are symbols one has no real idea of the meaning of, or cool enough to get tatooes of at least.

On the flip-side, it's pretty cool that our cultures are so peaceful and sharing in our relationship with each other that this stuff happens. :)

moocow
09-27-2006, 01:21 PM
ITS NUMA NUMA RETARDO

and I third the Safety Dance.

Lol, that's kinda funny, because I was just on a site and saw that it was "Numa Numa" so I came here to edit my post (I knew I fucked it up somehow)... edited my post and saw your's.

PS: NO FLAMING IN GD!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone

Brasel
09-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Am I the only one who has no idea what this is?

Its a PS2 game that I have yet to play.

Final Countdown by Europe.

Masamune
09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
uhhm actually u guyz, its called "Dragostea Din Tei"

:P

goKi
09-29-2006, 08:19 PM
uhhm actually u guyz, its called "Dragostea Din Tei"

:P

Remember how Rupert Holmes was practically forced to rename his single 'Escape' to 'The Pina Colada Song' just so people would know the name of the song, this is just like that.