PDA

View Full Version : A few subscreen ideas and a rule idea

Nimono
09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
I have some ideas for the Subscreen Editor. How hard could it be to seperate each item in ZC? The Letter and Potions have already been seperated, so why not other items? Mainly, the Arrows. People want the Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows, so why not go ahead and add some items to the editor to allow seperation of the 3 Arrows? Then comes the dilemma of Ammunition... People are starting to make a lot of Metroid quests now. I guess it's a fad now. Anyways, if you've played any Metroid games like Zero Mission and Super Metroid, you'd know that the most powerful missile was the Super Missile, and normally independent of the normal Missiles. Since they're used as Arrows in Metroid quests made in ZC, people have more of a reason to keep the Arrows seperate (that, and NeoFirst has plans for the Silver and Golden Arrows, so why not?). But! Metroid games that have these Missiles seperate have them normally use seperate counters. Why not add counters for the seperate Arrows? But... That'd only work with my rule: Arrows use seperate Ammunition. When it's on, when you pick up Arrow Ammo, your Arrows increase, but if you try to use a Silver Arrow, it won't work. You'd need to pick up Silver Arrow Ammo for that, and Golden Arrow Ammo for the Golden Arrows. What do you think? Better yet, if scripting for items was finished... Think of what you could do if you gave both the Silver and Golden Arrows the same power!

dimepiece
09-25-2006, 05:34 PM
I think all items and weapons should beable to use individual counters, I also think that all upgrades should be able to be used seperately.