PDA

View Full Version : Dell Inspiron 8100 and ZC 2.11 b(any)

djdarkx
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey all,

Well the problem that I have is that my Inspiron 8100 won't play ZC properly. I'm using Windows XP Home and my desktop is set at 1400x1050/32Bit Color Depth. I even changed over to 1024x768/16Bit Color Depth and the same problem occured. For this problem, everything loaded perfectly, except Triple Buffering. The problem is that everytime I use ZC, I can't see anything. I don't even get a black screen. If I use Windowed mode, the program is not playable at all. I can't see the menu system, all screens are frozen until I right-click on the taskbar button for ZC and you can see the gameplay after you've done that, but the screen is frozen in place, even though movement can be achieved. My nVidia drivers are up to date. When I'm in Fullscreen mode, the "Armageddon Games" logo doesn't even appear, movement can be seen, but the menu doesn't show. The menu is there, but cannot be seen. Anyone having the same problem or knows how to fix this? Thanks guys!

Jesse~

Nicholas Steel
09-24-2006, 07:49 PM
how do you know triple buffering failed? (was it said in a log?) if so check out the nvidia display controls as they will help you in turning off/on triple buffering for your vid card. (i have it set off as it is just slower having it on)

djdarkx
09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I got it from the Allegro log file. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Jesse~

djdarkx
09-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Okay, now TripleBuffering is enabled fully, but that fixed zippo. It's still not working very well. Anyone know why? Thanks!

Jesse~

DarkDragon
09-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Have you tried overriding ZC's resolution?
If that doesn't fix the problem I'm not sure there's anything we can do. Can you play other Allegro games?

djdarkx
09-25-2006, 12:45 AM
What's the command-line parameters for the res? Also, from what I know, I think I can, but there are some games that won't play on my laptop, such as Super Maryo Chronicles. Anyway, should Allegro be the problem, is there anyway to fix that? I'll probably do some research as well. I just need the res parameters for ZC. Thanks DD.

Jesse~

DarkDragon
09-25-2006, 01:15 AM
-res x y, where x by y is the desired resolution.

djdarkx
09-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Didn't work, but thanks for the parameters. I'll try doing some research on Allegro libs to see if that may be the problem with my OS.

Jesse~

DarkDragon
09-25-2006, 03:12 AM
That really sucks, as I don't know what else you can try at this point... hopefully someone else will pop in with more suggestions. I along with 90% of everyone else here uses XP too, so I doubt it's an OS problem. I'm still interested to know if other Allegro games work or if you experience the same problem; if it's a general Allegro problem you might be able to get some help at the Allegro boards.

Nicholas Steel
09-25-2006, 03:35 AM
you can manually edit the config files for zc to change the res. (ag.cfg)