PDA

View Full Version : Screen effects

Dlbrooks33
09-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I beat you all to it huh?

anyway it can all be in the tools menu and put screen effects in there.

Shake Screen(Horizontal)- shakes the screen left and right repeatedly
Shake Screen(Vertical)-shakes the screen up and down repeatedly
Flash Screen-will flash the screen.
Black Out-will make the screen go black(useful for events)Thats all i can think of right now ;).

Master_of_Power
09-23-2006, 02:44 PM
it would probably be screen flags instead

but you should be able to edit the intensity of the screen shake, say, like an earth quake. and how many times a screen flashes over a period of time and how fast the screen blacks out

{DSG}DarkRaven
09-23-2006, 10:38 PM
I won't say I know for certain that these things can't be done, but I don't know for certain that they can be done. What I do know is that these have been suggested before, and probably should have been posted under ZC Suggestions and not Beta Suggestions, since aside from you wanting them in the next version, they have nothing to do with the Beta.

The flashing can be done, because the game already uses screen flashes for bomb explosions and other various events. The blanked screen could be done as well, and would be useful as a scripting event for cutscenes as you suggest. But the shaking, I don't know about that one. Might not be worth holding your breath at the moment.

bluedeath
10-13-2006, 07:35 PM
i would use shake for earthquakes for flashing for the lightning

Master_of_Power
10-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Uh, how about the underwater wave effect from, say, the Oracle games(Ages, I believe).