PDA

View Full Version : Subscreen editor suggestion

Nimono
09-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I once tried placing the feature "Current Item" on a Passive Subscreen. It didn't work out very well, but I figured that since every feature of the subscreen editor can be seen and placed on any subscreen type, I thought that I could place it there. Well, here's my suggestion. I say, to avoid any further confusion (on my part, and others), please make some way to tell what features should go on which subscreen type. You could either have it to where when you're editing a Passive subscreen, features that should be placed on a Passive subscreen, and not an Active subscreen, should be seen and used (the other way around for Active subscreens). Or, just put the type of subscreen a feature should be placed on to the right of its name. For an example of the first idea, think of the feature "Current Item". Normally, this should be placed on an Active subscreen. With the first idea, when editing a Passive subscreen, this won't appear in the list of items to place on the subscreen, and therefore cannot be placed on this subscreen, thereby preventing people from accidentally messing up a quest by placing something in the wrong subscreen. For an example of the second idea, let's check out the same item. Instead of just saying "Current Item", it could say "Current Item- Active Subscreen", and when people see that, they'll know that it should only be placed on an active subscreen. Although, for the people who refuse to read things, especially the help file, the first idea would be better.