PDA

View Full Version : a few random bugs i found in the rom of LOZ (prg1) that are missing i think.

Nicholas Steel
09-21-2006, 05:45 PM
randomly your sword cannot pick items up which are dropped from enemies... same goes for the boomerang. i am not entirely sure of the circumstances... could be related to you being hurt (flashing) while delivering the final blow to the enemy to make him drop something..... bu as said i am uncertain about this and i assume (havnt played the 1st quest on zelda classic since i went into emulators due to crappy midi [no offence])that this is not emulated/simulated properly...

i assume in ZC that with the appropriate rules your sword and boomerang will always get the item and not just pass through it....

i have also noticed in ZC under rare circumstances which i also have no clue about... you can walk over items dropped by enemies till you slash your sword while link is on the item you wish to get.

edit: i edited this post so as to put the new bug icon on it but as we all know the listing of threads does not change. (thus it still has no new bug icon next to it in the listing of threads).... lol that bug is fixed woot.

Nicholas Steel
08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
fixed too ! and now my lot of bugs has been discussed ;)

Freedom
08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
And you have saved me a TON of work.
THANK YOU!!

Nicholas Steel
08-24-2007, 09:23 PM
wait, let me just see something... dont move this just yet unless you already have.

could you check this out freedom? im 99% sure none of this occures again, but i dont have any quests where the boomerang drags items back to you and i believe item drops still sometimes require you to slash your sword to pickup (meaning walking over the item isnt enough to get it)

Freedom
08-24-2007, 09:24 PM
I'll wait. ;)

Nicholas Steel
08-24-2007, 09:29 PM
bump, read above.

Freedom
08-24-2007, 09:40 PM
What I'll have to do is just set the rule in the quest I'm building and see what happens.
I don't have any quests that allow the boomer to get placed items either, that I know of.

Freedom
08-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Yea, the rule is "Boomerangs / Hookshot grabs all items"
It seems to work perfectly, They both grab everything as designed, but you can still pick up items by walking over them or slashing them with your sword, I never HAD to stash any to get them, but every time I did, they were grabbed.
I think it's fixed.

On a side note, I hate that rule. ;)
Makes it TOO easy.

Freedom
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure either about why your first post is comparing this to 1st quest, are you thinking this is a inconsistency issue?
Isn't the rule adding a behavior that just wasn't in the original, so unchecked would have no effect on first quest behavior?

Nicholas Steel
08-25-2007, 06:17 AM
ah, no, the item grabbing is in reference to the boomerang "carrying" a items back to you... in the LOZ you instantly get it as soon as the boomerang touches it (excluding pre-placed items).

sometimes when a enemy drops something after you killed it you would have to walk onto the item then slash your sword to actually pick it up, but i may now be confusing what happens in LOZ with what happens in ZC which just makes even more confusing xD.

DarkDragon
08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
OK, I'm closing this report for lack of evidence and being a consistency issue.
If the NES cartridge's item pickup is buggy in some cases we can reexamine the issue post-2.50.