PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft-endo?

Kairyu
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24998743.
Yes, I'm aware this was posted in a section called "RUMOR CONTROL," and that it mentions that nothing definite was said, but the implication is still there.

If you're too lazy to click, this is an article about GTA games on the Wii... lazy person who didn't click.

Eckels
09-20-2006, 11:24 PM
the benefit of this, of course, would be that when you beat down a police officer with a bat in the game, you'd actually have to do the full swinging motions in your living room. A sight that, out of context, would likely encourage any girlfriend purchase a handgun. you know, just in case.

MottZilla
09-21-2006, 02:37 AM
As they say Eckels, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. ;)

They also say in the article they haven't expressed interest in bring GTA to Wii, though it's more than capable.

Dark Knight
09-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Even if Rockstar were to want to bring GTA to the Wii, it's a matter of Nintendo allowing a game with GTA's reputation to be published for their system. Sure, the Gamecube has it's fair share of M rated games but alot of GTA's violence and mayhem is gratuitous, much different than the majority of the M rated Gamecube games.

Besides, regardless of what system GTA is on, the bad press will be there and does Nintendo need that? Meh, it's just a rumour. It'd be kinda great though. Imagine all the things you could do with the "Wiimote"

Dechipher
09-21-2006, 08:44 AM
I could see them doing this later on down the line. It would certainly help draw in some of the more hardcore gamers, especially ones that had already bought a PS3 or XBOX 360, thus promoting Nintendo's stance as a double system.

MottZilla
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Dark Knight, Reggie (president of NoA) already said they have no problems allowing a game like GTA to be released on a Nintendo platform. Afterall man, Mortal Kombat Deception was on GameCube. That was a extremely violent game.

{DSG}DarkRaven
09-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm surprised I have to be the one to mention this far into the thread that a game where you have to pretend to physically beat someone to death with your remote is not going to go over well with the anti-gaming group, especially if it's GTA. I doubt Big N would release GTA in that form. That's just asking for trouble.

MottZilla
09-21-2006, 02:42 PM
On the contrary, Nintendo along time ago abandoned their anti violence and sex stance. The only thing is that perception lingers because creators of those sorts of games don't tend to float Nintendo's way. I imagine Nintendo would have no problem with such horrible things so long as they are marketed appropriately. If you read the article, you see they have no problem with the content.

Archibaldo
09-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I kinda like the idea of having to use the Wiimote to beat the shit out of people in a video game. Might get exhausting eventually though. All that swinging.

MottZilla
09-21-2006, 03:34 PM
And think about the hot coffee mini-game! ;) Couldn't resist mentioning that!

Dark Knight
09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Dark Knight, Reggie (president of NoA) already said they have no problems allowing a game like GTA to be released on a Nintendo platform. Afterall man, Mortal Kombat Deception was on GameCube. That was a extremely violent game.

Yeah, I forgot about Mortal Kombat. Well then, if this rumour, somewhere down the line, becomes reality, I might actually pick up a Wii just to see what nifty features are there.

Warlock
09-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Assuming for a second that this actually happens to be true and they make GTA Wii:

This is a nightmare waiting to happen. I mean, now they've got a whole new "GTA kills children" angle - the game "teaches" you to kill by allowing you to simulate beating hookers and crap with the Wii-mote! You know Jack Thompson and all those retards would go after it like gangbusters. They hate GTA as it is, and a more interactive version is just gonna attract them like flies to honey :P

Personally I don't care, I think it's a neat idea. Just felt that was worth pointing out, considering it's pretty inevitable if this were to happen. I wonder if he'll go after the Godfather game too (he seems sort of selective in the "violent games he hates" category)

Grasshopper
09-22-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm not going to go all out on those games like he does...but I don't really like those "thug" games either. I'm not a fan of the whole "ghetto", "underground", or "thug" genre of games.

I don't think it will happen. Just because it doesn't really sound like a business move they would try to pursue. (Rockstar/Take 2 that is)